Baked beans.

Seems I may have opened a can of something in the other thread.

So whats your pleasure? Heinz, Branston or supermarket own? I really haven't experimented as Heinz get bought by default but I do think they're too sweet. I adulterate them with a knob of butter and a lot of black pepper and sometimes chili sauce or soy to give 'em a bit more tang.

I actually prefer Branston, but really Im a bit of a tightwad (as you can possibly tell by the Smart Price stuff) and its whatever is on offer at Asda at the time....
Whenever Branston hits the £1 to £1.50 for 4 tins I stock up big time.
The Heinz Spaghetti was £2 for 6 tins not so long back.

I eat other foodstuffs too

It's sainsburys own brand for me, but you do get the odd duff bean in a tin now and then (the odd black one) but not bad.
Better than the beans in KFC that I have had to digest to day.....a bit like chewing on a toe nail in red sauce to be honest.

Father Ted... are you expecting a nuclear holocaust? Or is that lot left over from the anticipated Y2K meltdown (anyone remember that)?

... it's got to be Branston, by the way.

Only Heinz only for me, sliced raw chilli and Marmite couple of times a week & also fried Chorizo N Beanz is another of my combos.

In terms of recipes - Beans + 2 eggs + dash of oyster sauce in a pan, heated & mixed till it forms a nice solid mass and then served on brown wholemeal buttered toast.
I used to live on that as a student nurse.

That sounds very good, Crilley - mentioned that to the wife.
My wife just puts a small amount of margarine in her beans, or occasionally Marmite.

She would like to add to this discussion that the best baked beans have little sausages in them.

I didn't know there are beans other than Heinz! I put a good dollop of Lingham's Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Sauce in mine - more pazzazz and toast soaking ability, too boot.

Were Heinz always called beanz? I saw it there and took a dislike to it, but perhaps they've always been that way.