Back to my youth - Fat to fit

I am starting a sugar detox next week. No chocolate, OJ, Coke or biscuits. I will have Greek yoghurt, Bananas and Strawberries. Bacon, eggs and Mushrooms sounds good for a few keto type meals.
Bananas can be one of the worst forms of sugar.
it goes in to your bloodstream super quick
Off course very natural but full of sugar nonetheless

I've just barbecued 3 burgers and 2 bangers and scoffed the lot, so much for my health kick. For pud I chucked a banana on the embers. If you want to get the full benefit of the sugar in a banana then grill/bake it. The actual amount of sugar surely must be the same, but my goodness does it come out when they're hot and juicy! Honestly, people look at you weird when you say you eat bananas hot, but they're nectar of the gods I tell ye.

I've just barbecued 3 burgers and 2 bangers and scoffed the lot, so much for my health kick. For pud I chucked a banana on the embers. If you want to get the full benefit of the sugar in a banana then grill/bake it. The actual amount of sugar surely must be the same, but my goodness does it come out when they're hot and juicy! Honestly, people look at you weird when you say you eat bananas hot, but they're nectar of the gods I tell ye.
Bananas are one of my favourite things on a barbecue
Open the skin at the top
cut a chanel in the banana then add a cadbury’s flake,
stick it on the bbq in the skin
heat up & enjoy :)

I just have to stand up for the humble banana. I've lost one and half stone to date (now at my acceptable BMI level) and bananas have been a wonderful filler. 100 cal per banana has to be better than the 400+ a Mars bar can throw at you.

viva el banano

Bananas. A mate's wife accidentally ordered 7 bags of them instead of 7 bananas. Matey brought them round to me (6 bags of about 6-7). I had them raw, cooked, as milkshake, you name it (except banana bread cos I don't do baking). I basically ate nothing but bananas for 3 days! Waste not want not. Despite expecting some sort of digestive effects, and having read about potassium poisoning, I suffered no ill effects and a reduced food bill that week! All hail King Banana! Other fruits are available. This does not constitute dietary advice. Avoid contact with the electric chair while rich in electrolyte.

Inspiring thread (if beginning to veer a little off topic). For anyone interested in taking up running, if you've completed couch to 5k and start wondering 'now what?' https://www.fetcheveryone.com/ is a very welcoming forum for all kinds (sizes and shapes) of runners, from plodders up to serious marathon (and beyond) athletes.

There's not quite enough shaving-related content on there, but if we all join we can start to fix that!

Inspiring thread (if beginning to veer a little off topic). For anyone interested in taking up running, if you've completed couch to 5k and start wondering 'now what?' https://www.fetcheveryone.com/ is a very welcoming forum for all kinds (sizes and shapes) of runners, from plodders up to serious marathon (and beyond) athletes.

There's not quite enough shaving-related content on there, but if we all join we can start to fix that!

Digression is pretty normal (And I can be as digressive as anyone), but good on you to bring it back on track.

I'm on an excellent 9 month program via the NHS to get me back on track and after just two months I can see and feel positive benefits.

The thing I realise though, is anyone can do it and they just need some belief and a will.

Back
Top Bottom