B&M FYI

B&M just introd some new ones and I have samples.

Rhapsody to my nose smells little like its description:

... Because using only our pear blossom accord made the fragrance rather heavy, we decided to lighten it with the scents of apple and cherry blossoms, incorporating all three accords into a base of lemon, orange, orange flower, rose, bay, thyme, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, lavender, and vanilla. The result was a clean, sweet, citrusy scent with a distinctly floral cast...

I get a sweeter version of their previous Mélange with a lot of background melding in. It ends up a "spice bomb" ultimately. That's not a bad thing if you like that vein.

Red Letter Day surprised me since it was concocted with buyers' input. I was thinking of the old adage that a camel was the result of a horse designed by a committee. :LOL: This is a very interesting scent.

... RLD is crisp and clean, with a touch of creaminess from the sandalwood laid over the base vanilla character. The tangy zest of bergamot and a touch of bitter leather round out the design...

I get all of this to be certain and damned if it doesn't work and work well!! Very different.

Both of these, as well as Mélange, take my nose back to the discod. Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit.

Now that Feb. sheep shaggin' soap month has ended for you guys it's time to get back to artisan scents. Look sharp, be sharp & smell sharp. (y)

Back
Top Bottom