Azzaro pour Homme, what would make up a pre-electric splash?

I have a largish bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme pre electric splash which I bought probably about 1995, how would that differ from EDT or AS? The reason I didn't use much of it was that it didn't seem to help the shave BTW, but I'm thinking of using it as an AS and see how it goes.

If it's designed to lubricate the skin to reduce the frictional coefficient or drag of the razor I'm guessing that it'll be, as already suggested , oily & may well leave a pore blocking residue as the evaporation factor present in most ASs wont be present. On the other hand, since you have razors & the pre electric, to quote a fellow TSR member ................ Time to take one for the team m8 ! We all await the results of your trial with interest.

JohnnyO. ;)

I'll venture to the back of the cupboard tonight and see what the feel is like, then maybe give it a trial run tomorrow. My best guess is its probably just alcohol, fragrance and some kind of lubricating oil but I used to use boots own brand pre-electric back then and it was much more lubricating which is why I didn't use much of the Azzaro. However its always been one of my favourite fragrances, thinking about it it might even be 20 years old as I got into Kuros in my early 20's :shock:

OK well I hooked it out and was surprised that I've actually used more than half the bottle, memory is obviously fading fast!

I have a small bottle of EDT as well as the Pre-electric so last night I put some PE on the right hand and EDT on the left. After an hour the EDT was still smelling strongly but the PE had faded a lot. No oily feel either directly after or later with the PE.

This morning I used it as an AS splash and it is clearly high in alcohol given the sharp wakey wakey sting it administered after the Derby blade had done its stuff but I used more that I would as EDT and the fragrance is hanging on reasonably well at the moment, about an hour after application.

Not feeling oily or anything else at the moment.

Good man Jeltz, now stand by for a small avalanche of indiscriminate fluids descending upon you ; as we all wonder "what if we tried this old "stuff" on the freshly shaven face of our new best mate.

JohnnyO. :D

JohnnyO said:
Good man Jeltz, now stand by for a small avalanche of indiscriminate fluids descending upon you ; as we all wonder "what if we tried this old "stuff" on the freshly shaven face of our new best mate.

JohnnyO. :D

That's a truly disturbing statement :?

Erm, well yes it is Jeltz. Could have been ever so much better phrased, especially with some of the comments posted here. Never mind, to us pure in heart all things are pure. :oops:

JohnnyO.

Back
Top Bottom