August Aquisitions

1915 Gillette Milady Decolette

... as arrived:

AM-JKLW5rT7r1KKghAqfoTucEekCILaOp00SPjCRgh0YvcP_OpHwovTEfczMH49EOw5uUUjAaVJLZwFWIp3JZ6p14npcT7UXxdzG_X_b4kNAz1hIqDtSvYeSaRMW2Sh5sIyDrmtoSKS96VSwfbnuc2BCUrtl5A=s800

... and cleaned up:

AM-JKLXefQJsQf27jNWpOrbdMFOS4d9jm2ygE2IPg6Oi7Wopj1y0id8ntMJC7y7tAx6m6Gumrj0GFETrhO82c2PPzlQnqTtuizziql9T2XLknLNaQbCtUbX_ScN9jGXmXxDxST59Y5rrbIimqm8jwupNV37A6Q=s800

Happy :love:

Speak of the devil - only mentioned the yesterday and they did arrive today!
Thank you @RussellR5555 ! This blade is a beauty! Nice heft to it too!
image.jpg

and another one - the hyper aggressive looks even more intimidating in real life! I do like how it comes with nice case for it! image.jpg
@Crossan i remember you being interested in it - once it gets an outing sometime next week, I’ll let you know how it went!

image.jpg
nice and tidy inside too - pack of blades , second plate and razor all fit nicely. Just wish the bottom of the rivet for the clip would have some sort of plug - just in case so the metal won’t scratch. But plate is secure when sitting this way so it’s all good!

definitely would be nice to have such cases for other razors…. Need to have a look at something to keep them in! At the moment they sit in box, some wrapped in bubble wrap if I’m not using them that often :(

Last edited:
Speak of the devil - only mentioned the yesterday and they did arrive today!
Thank you @RussellR5555 ! This blade is a beauty! Nice heft to it too!
View attachment 75938

and another one - the hyper aggressive looks even more intimidating in real life! I do like how it comes with nice case for it! View attachment 75939
@Crossan i remember you being interested in it - once it gets an outing sometime next week, I’ll let you know how it went!

View attachment 75940
nice and tidy inside too - pack of blades , second plate and razor all fit nicely. Just wish the bottom of the rivet for the clip would have some sort of plug - just in case so the metal won’t scratch. But plate is secure when sitting this way so it’s all good!

definitely would be nice to have such cases for other razors…. Need to have a look at something to keep them in! At the moment they sit in box, some wrapped in bubble wrap if I’m not using them that often :(
Nice one, that is a tidy little setup, funnily enough I was looking at it again the other day. Definitely interested to see how you get on!

Nice one, that is a tidy little setup, funnily enough I was looking at it again the other day. Definitely interested to see how you get on!
Yep! Quite like the presentation of it - would be good if more manufacturers added such cases with their razors!

I’ll let you know! Last few days of austere august and then can have a play with it!

My Benjamin's bay rub splashes turned up also had a nice delivery from America i decided to do a little experiment and set my self up a postage address that will ship hazmat goods such as aftershave from the states and got a delivery form stirling I also did some shopping for the wife's birthday which iam still waiting on arriving and some other shave goodies from murphey and mcneil
Also a nice touch from Stirling some free coffee i don't drink it so will give to the wife

Stirling soap goodies
Strawberry lemonade splash and soap
Lemon chill soap splash and balm
Iced coffee splash
2 x body butters gift for wife's birthday
Stirling coffee free gift
How easy and expensive, was it to set up the address. I’d love to try some PAA aftershave and soap bundles and desperately want the future fiction splash but nearly impossible to get hold of!

IMG_20210830_173523.jpg

Found lurking in the wild, I picked up a bottle of Brut Musk, partly down to the favourable reviews of @pjgh who said it was one of his favourite varieties of Brut.

Also down to another favourable account, this time from @LeeMaz who said he found the Ach Brito Musgo shaving soap lurking in his local TX Maxx, it seemed rude to leave it.

It's not the biggest cake of soap I have come across, but it seems to be rock solid. It's supposed to produce a lather a bit like the Mogno, which I missed out on buying when it was being sold online before the Brexit issues seemed to take Ach Brito away from on line retailers.

Back
Top Bottom