August 2017 Acquisitions

So I noticed a spot of corrosion on the head for my Thomas Clipper razor. I emailed them about it and said that I was concerned that it was going to progress from a cosmetic issue to a functionality issue. Without any hesitation they sent me a replacement which arrived today, some 24 hours later! It's only a ZAMAK DE head, probably identical to the Executive Shaving Braveheart head but it saves me £15 getting a new one from a reputable source or risking it for a fiver from China! Great service and very happy to help. Even sent me a hand-written note apologising for the issue I'd noted. Will be trying it out later I reckon.

Tuesday (I think, the days are merging into one), I received a tube of Coates Sandalwood and Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shave cream from @Ids1984. Which do I try first?!

Ha ha! Be good to hear your thoughts on it @shaunwistow For the price, I really enjoyed it. What do you think of the scent?

Well @Kevy i'm a relative noob to this rabbit hole. But as soon as I took the lid off I though to myself that I have a cream that looks similar in consistency & the sheen, that being the Executive bay rum. So the scent is something I like & it reminded me of D.R Harris Windsor. Thoughts?

Yes, that's exactly what I would have said about it. I couldn't quite nail it with Windsor when I used it but it came to me after I used it.

Stonking brush.

The postman rang twice today:

After reading all the good talk and seeing Victoria's lovely pieces on SOD's, I had to get myself one!

Little Wren Pottery Shaving Bowl, glazed in natural brown with side swept handle for my left thumb to aid a comfortable grip.

As you can see it showed no mercy to the Coate's Superior Sandalwood it whipped up!
Thanks to @Ids 1984 for supplying the 6 Coate's creams[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk