ATT SE Slant

I've been using the X1 exclusively for 3 weeks and I'm ready to pass judgement. The razor has been used with Schick Proline, Feather Pro and Proshave S blades.

Let me start with the ATT SE1 Windsor that I own as a comparison. I like the SE1 but it's not the favourite of my SE razors. The Generals (V1 and V2) and the Hawk V3 hold the top 3 positions. The SE1 is an efficient razor but lacks the smoothness of those I've just listed. The SE1 is also a big head - a common design at its time of manufacture.

The X1 retains the base design as the SE1 Classic but is noticeably smaller and lighter than my SE1 Windsor. I'd also be inclined to say it's lighter than the V1 General head but I can't be arsed to weigh them to compare. I used the ATT Kronos and Bamboo handles with the X1.

I enjoyed this razor from the start. With the exception of a duff Proshave blade, every shave was excellent. It delivered an exceptional level of smoothness and efficiency for me to regularly use two pass shaves. The few times I went for 3 passes, I was left with a glass like finish and comfortable regrowth.

I find the X1 to be a big improvement over the SE1. This razor has pushed its way in to my top 3 and would be a strong contender for the #1 spot if I was ever to reduce my AC SE collection to a single AC SE razor. Anyone who knows my arsenal of razors knows that this is a strong accolade.

The slant design of this razor is more than a gimmick to me and I'm glad I bought it.

It's not going to win a beauty contest but it's an excellent razor. I'm happy to lend it to you if you want to give it a run?

I may take you up on your offer. I have never been impressed by any ATT razor to date so may be time for a change.

And if you cost me I will personally pay you a visit. With Big Rob, a gallon of unleaded and a box of matches

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom