At last, first effort !

Finally got to have a proper shave today after all my searching of the forum and sending off for stuff :roll:

and what a result :!:

Used the Ingrams cream and used Wilkinsons brush and a bowl for mixing the lather :!:
I'd had an earlier practice to get a lather going and need not have bothered really, was nice and quick getting a super smooth creamy lather :D

Put a Derby Extra blade in the razor and after preparing the old chops (just really hot water and soaked flannel) painted the lather on and slowly had my first decent shave in many a year :D

No nicks, which was a surprise, one or two catches on the throat area, bit of 'rough ground' there :oops: but afterwards a quick rinse and no problem :!:

Finished off with Blue Stratos :cool: my Mrs bought me some a million years ago, she recognised it straight away ;) and some moisturising cream on the 'rough ground' around the throat :idea: looked good, Mrs C quite impressed, pretty much a good result for a first effort :D

Mantic59's series of videos were really helpful, brilliant buddy well done and thank you :!:

NatJag said:
.... what razor did you use?

A friend has given me a Parker (his spare) to borrow for the time being :!:

It was not bad at all, at least it's got me started :shave

Might buy him a new replacement and keep this one :idea:

Back
Top Bottom