Asylum Shave Works - injector model

BullGoose in the USA will be selling a new model of the Asylum razor from today, 1st July, 2022.

Essentially, this is the RX AC razor, rejigged to use injector blades (think Schick, Supply etc. razors), and looks pretty much the same, albeit smaller. The details are here:- BullGoose-Asylum injector razor

I've been wondering whether to try the RX AC version, but I've been holding off, as I already have a sufficiency of AC razors. However, my interest in new injector-type razors has recently been piqued by the MARS, which I backed in the Kickstarter campaign, and I'll be watching this latest injector with great interest.

BullGoose in the USA will be selling a new model of the Asylum razor from today, 1st July, 2022.

Essentially, this is the RX AC razor, rejigged to use injector blades (think Schick, Supply etc. razors), and looks pretty much the same, albeit smaller. The details are here:- BullGoose-Asylum injector razor

I've been wondering whether to try the RX AC version, but I've been holding off, as I already have a sufficiency of AC razors. However, my interest in new injector-type razors has recently been piqued by the MARS, which I backed in the Kickstarter campaign, and I'll be watching this latest injector with great interest.
It's not inexpensive...

It's not inexpensive...
For sure!

I don't have any experience of the AC version, but I presume that the "injector" loads the same way i.e. it's a three-piece, with the cap being loosened by unscrewing the handle, a blade "manually" inserted between cap and base, and the the whole re-tightened. If that be so, (and I may be wholly wrong), then, to my mind, it's more an "injector blade" razor, rather than a true keyed dispenser type injector, where the loading and ejection is an automatic process. Whilst entirely understandable, and no way affecting the razor as a shaving device, it seems to me to be a bit of a shame that the classic ejector concept, as most recently embodied in the Supply razor, isn't used here.

Back
Top Bottom