Astra SP - Any Love?

Having used one today I was chortling to myself about what I once said regarding these superb blades. Wouldn't it be a great play on Gillette's behalf pricing these so economically that people buy them by the gross, but that in actuality it was/is their finest DE blade made with their best technology? Checkmate! :geek:

FWIW, I am to the point where I can tell more subtle differences between soaps than I can blades as strange as that may appear.

i find the astra sp's to be just above average across the board, i mean in terms of sharpness, smoothness etc

tbh they have to be up there for one of the best value blades for cost against performance,
still dont beat the dorco titans though which imo are sharper and smoother and at 100x @ £2.99 delivered is a steal tbh

I think they're a good "medium" blade in terms of smoothness and sharpness. As with every other blade, of every type (DE and the SE varieties), an awful lot depends on the razor it's used in, but the Astra blades, both Green and Blue, seem to perform satisfactorily in most razors. I can't offhand think of any Russian blades which have absolutely no redeeming features.
yea i have the same thought as yourself on the astra sp's being about the medium of the scale of things,
btw which do you prefer the green or blues? i havent tried the blue astras yet

What did you go for? Did you order any Minora Stainless? I've used most of the blades from PPI and I find it to be one of my favourite blades from there, one of the sharper ones as well.

I went for

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Platinum Blue
Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless
Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge
Wizamet Iridium Super NOS
Wizamet Iridium Super

Back
Top Bottom