Aromabar Cedarwood & Lemon shaving soap

Has anybody tried this?

Gorgeous Cedarwood & Lemon Shaving soap slices cut fresh from the loaf!

Excellent soap with cedarwood & lemon essential oils to refresh your skin whilst shaving.

Link to the manufacturer's site: Aromabar

Slightly cheaper at Amazon with free delivery: Amazon link

I ordered some after seeing this post, it arrived yesterday. The scent is definitely lemon but very artificial smelling, there is a hint of wood but not convinced it is cedar, however not an unpleasant smell at all. It is quite a soft soap so easily squished into a bowl. I did a quick test later and it produced a really nice lather, I am more of a cream man but I was quite impressed with the amount and quality of the lather.

In my opinion a decent product for less than £4.

I thought I would provide a further post on my experience with this soap, I used it for a shave today, it was easily the best soap I have used, however before we get too carried away I should point out that I am a cream guy and I have only tried 2 other soaps. That said, the later was thick and provided good cushion, I was impressed.

Now to the scent, I stick with my earlier comments about it being synthetic but here is the conversation I had with my 6 year old daughter as I shaved this morning.
Lucy walks into the bathroom, "Dad, have you got any sweets?", "no, why?" I said, "because I can smell Sherbet Lemons" replies Lucy.
I could see what she was talking about, the soap does not smell as nice or as sweet as sherbet lemons but something is there.

Overall, I was delighted with my first shave with this soap, and I am already looking forward to my next.

Hiya,

Personally, I wouldn't be put off by what one member says about the scent. It's just that fragrances are even more personal than blades, and everyone's got their own ideas about em. I may love the way something smells and yet others may not. That's how it works.

I didn't see the ingredients list, but the soap's supposed to have EOs, rather than artificial FOs in it,

As long as the performance was good, I'd be inclined to give it a shot.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom