Aristcrat v ???

Dax

Given the rather steep prices the Aristocrats are going for, can someone recomend a Gillette TTO that shaves the same as the Aristocrat but doesn't cost anything like as much. Although I like using mine for a daily shave, I wouldn't object to having a slightly less precious daily.
Ta

An aristocrat junior is probably your best bet (diamond or flat base plate). Same heads without the rhodium plating and a more modest handle and price tag.

That's if you mean English aristocrats of course, don't know about the US version.

I was just coming here to post the same thing. I got one recently for a very reasonable price recently. I love it, it's one of my favourites.

Attachments

• IMG_1456v2.jpg
    IMG_1456v2.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1452v2.jpg
    IMG_1452v2.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 19
There are loads of Superspeeds around. They look very much like the Aristocrat Junior but are much more mild and weigh less. Still a great everyday razor though.

Tall_Paul said:
Use your 16! It's what it's meant for.

I use mine and it's a lovely shaver.

To be fair it is the best razor I have. Never had a bad shave with it. Just wish it was just worth a tenner.

Dax said:
Tall_Paul said:
Use your 16! It's what it's meant for.

I use mine and it's a lovely shaver.

To be fair it is the best razor I have. Never had a bad shave with it. Just wish it was just worth a tenner.

I know what you mean, the only problem is you've been spoilt now!

A good Aristo Jr won't be that cheap unless you're lucky. A nice Superspeed is just the ticket.

The ones Steve is selling for between £25 and £30 on the Buy\Sell\Trade bit will do you well. Personally I'd go for a British one as the plating is better.

Living in the 'Land of the SuperSpeed' the advice given above about the British Aristo Jr is very correct. They are head and shoulders above the SS.The only SuperSpeeds I'd go with would be the '41 Ranger(that started it all) and the Red Tipped Handle yrs ones.
I know that some of my fellow yanks would disagree, but the CC US Aristocrats are not worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom