Aqueous Cream

Bargain bucket (£1.49 for 500ml), unperfumed and kind to sensitive skin. Similar to E45, its multi-purpose - it can be used as a moisturising cream and a soap replacement.

In the bad old days, I used this (and an Mach 3) to shave. It was the best combination I'd ever used but did gunk the blades up a bit

Nowadays, I'm using it as a pre/post treatment and it seems to work very very nicely. Slick enough to condition the hairs and soothing afterwards. It can be a bit greasy and take a while to absorb into the skin but I think its worth the effort.

Not as luxurious as many products out there but the price is right.

PS, I doubt the world sometimes... in looking at reviews on ciao, someone said a disadvantage of this cream is that its slippery...

Aqueous Cream and E45 are the same product according to my doctor, same old story, pay for the name. It is really good for soothing stressed skin, sunburn etc.

Regards

rangers62 said:
Aqueous Cream and E45 are the same product according to my doctor, same old story, pay for the name. It is really good for soothing stressed skin, sunburn etc.

Not quite, I can't vouch for all forms of aqueous cream but E45 contains anhydrous lanolin, which is, yes you guessed it, you're friend and mine, the wool fat.

Back
Top Bottom