APS film to CD rom?

I have about six APS films that I would like to put on CD rom, I went to a high street chain and inquired about having this done, they wanted something ridiculous like £12.00 / film:icon_eek:

Does anyone know who can provide this service at a reasonable price?

If you can find a photo shop that still has a Pakon/Kodak scanner, they should be able to do it pretty quickly. The Pakon was basically a PC with a film strip scanner fitted to the front of it, and it would scan strips of negs quickly and save the images to the hard drive, ready to write to CD. They would scan 35mm and APS.

I used to be the poor bloke in the UK that serviced the Pakon machines, but very few shops kept them once digital really took off. We scrapped all our machines. I used to have about 6 of them in a room at work.

Ian

No relation or affiliation to any other company, full repro house with 22 years experience in high end drum scanners, imacons etc, running the south wests largest scanners, scanned to CD or DVD depending on how many you've got. Saved as standard jpeg files and equivalent to 8-10megapixel camera images, approx 30meg files per image (5-7meg jpegs) so very high quality.

Back
Top Bottom