April 2021 Acquisitions

Case arrived, it isn't pretty but it is definitely practical. It's essentially an Otterbox with a plastic molded adjustable tray. This thing is bomb proof:
View attachment 67763
and a replacement for my old faithful R41 for when the shave isn't quite as leisurely, my previous tragically took a nose dive onto tiles and the thread snapped off (it had suffered some abuse over the time I had it). That's it now, no more spending!
What a great case, may I ask where you brought it?

What a great case, may I ask where you brought it?
It was an ebay special, 'Alembicase', I think they stopped making them, this was the only one I've been able to find. It's a very simple thing though, just an otterbox 3000 with the insert. The end wedges are spring mounted in the slot for a little resistance. In the centre it has a cut out for desiccant, I would imagine something to avoid if you have natural scales mind.

I think I might try to make one myself next time around though (as the collection grows), but rather than the plastic insert I might use solid foam with slots cut out with a larger gap at the tail end to make it easy to get out. That'll offer more impact resistance while travelling.

Well done on finding it - one of my favourite soaps - sunshine in a tub - the balm looks a bit odd but works well in my experience. If you don't have it already, you need a bottle of Dior Eau Sauvage for the full effect. :cool: Enjoy - cheers - I.
Indeed, the smell is amazing !
Unfortunately I don’t own one but heard good things about it ! From fragrances I only own 3 at the moment - invictus legend, bowling green and aventus creed copycat :) think that will need to change soon ! Thank you for recommendation!

S. - you can get samples - to see if it suits you - the edt version is good but - for me - the parfum is superior. I.

scent notes -

S. - you can get samples - to see if it suits you - the edt version is good but - for me - the parfum is superior. I.

scent notes -

Thank you! I’ll have a look - most likely will end up going for Parfum version than edt. From the notes it does seem I’ll like it!

It was an ebay special, 'Alembicase', I think they stopped making them, this was the only one I've been able to find. It's a very simple thing though, just an otterbox 3000 with the insert. The end wedges are spring mounted in the slot for a little resistance. In the centre it has a cut out for desiccant, I would imagine something to avoid if you have natural scales mind.

I think I might try to make one myself next time around though (as the collection grows), but rather than the plastic insert I might use solid foam with slots cut out with a larger gap at the tail end to make it easy to get out. That'll offer more impact resistance while travelling.
The Alembicase you mentioned reminded me of the Peli cases we used to safely transport camera and wire gear when flying - completely and utterly indestructible - perhaps a small one could be adapted to your needs? Cheers - I.

@mfurie2540

The Alembicase you mentioned reminded me of the Peli cases we used to safely transport camera and wire gear when flying - completely and utterly indestructible - perhaps a small one could be adapted to your needs? Cheers - I.

@mfurie2540
Peli cases are fantastic, wonderful bits of kit!

Paul.

@mfurie2540
Yes they would be perfect as they also have the foam inserts you can customise. thank you for the link.

@mfurie2540
Damn, now I want one of these as well, looks like I'll have to buy more razors...oh well it's a tough life!

Back
Top Bottom