April 2017 Acquisitions

My final mail call for the forseeable future, was worried the Shavemac Americana was lost in transit, about 5 days overdue.

Straight out of the box and after a test lather. My photos don't do it justice.

Also received a PAA Oxblood Bakelite Open Comb Slant from ShavingStation, I like the colour because it will hide the blood when I use it.

Finally a replacement styptic pencil, mine vanished somewhere. Going to be a good shave tomorrow!

A great looking brush, enjoy your shave tomorrow!

Your Fatboy looks great with it's new coat on, enjoy !!!

Make sure you tighten the razor fully.First couple of times I used mine were a nightmare.Iwas thinking of binning it until I realised it wasn't quite tight enough.Now it's a joy to use
I was growing a tache since Sunday and I couldn't resist a quick go of it, with zero prep it felt ok, a little tuggy but I think tomorrow it will feel a lot better. The lack of prep certainly hindered it, made me realise how effective good prep is!

I do notice loading a blade the posts are very tight, I think they could have a smidge shaved off them, the blade seems awful tight to the point I see a little plastic shaved off so to speak, something I notice others mention on other forums. Anywho proof is in the pudding and hopefully a good shave will be had tomorrow.

Curious to see how it compares against a Fine slant

Last edited: