Ap shaveco G5C

I bought a G5C brush not so long ago and was slightly underwhelmed after reading glowing reviews, I found it a bit stiff and too dense. I went back to it last week and i don't know whether it's my imagination but it seems to have loosened up, and now I think it's absolutely fantastic.
I've never known synthetics needing a break in period, but it definitely feels like it with this brush.

I noticed the same thing. Disliked the G5C on first use but then the knot seemed to mellow somehow. I actually rather liked the knot from second/third use onwards. I noticed this with my 24mm. I experienced the same with the 26mm on first use but I'm yet to use it a second time. I'll report back here once used again.

I used my G5C for two weeks and didn’t like it. I thought it felt like my old Muhle STF and that my AP Shave Co SynBad was much better. I’ll give it a try again the this week, but I have yet to find a synthetic that beats any of my 30 badgers and 4 boars; the SynBad comes the closest, but then it’s only for travel.

I've had a few synthetics a while back and never liked them at all, also had a CH2 which was so so, but I have an Ap shaveco tuxedo Cadman brush and it's by far the brush I have, just about perfect for me

Back
Top Bottom