Anything to say on these???

Right then, i have found a couple of things i quite fancy and wandered if anyone has had dealings with or knows if these web sites and their stuff are any good? They seem pretty professional in their field as such.

First one is for Refurbed Straight Razors, they are USA based........GRIFFITH SHAVING GOODS

Second one makes bespoke shaving brushes and is base in France.......MRed........Michael Redondaud at www.mred.site

I have emailed both and both have responded with promising replies, so before i consider handing over money at any stage i thought i'd ask you guys if you knew anything about them???

I don’t have any experience of using them (Griffith) but, looking at their prices for refurbished razors, they appear to be reasonably priced. Before making a final decision, bear in mind that postage will add something like $25 and, if you do have any problems, you’ll incur something similar in returning unless they pick up the cost.

Iv seen the brushes around for a while although i don’t own one.
I’m quite an awkward customer in terms of i have no interest of buying these bespoke/new type razors.

The fact your asking for opinions tells me your unsure also.

Go tried and tested gear and if you don’t like it you can always sell it on here and not make to much of a loss where you get a razor that most people have probably never heard of it your stuck with something you don’t want.

Get yourself a good vintage

@Mike Smart I think you misunderstood the question? I wasn't after opinions of their products but more of people's dealing with them ie. ease and reliability of goods arriving!?!
Griffith site has "GOOD VINTAGE" Recognised Straight Razors....Joseph Rodgers & Sons, Wade Butcher and a fair few others that are well known names. I was interested if anyone had dealings to know if there was anything to be aware of?
As for the brushes, each to their own whether traditional or bespoke I guess!?! Both sites based outside the UK and both seem to have good reviews? The only thing I was UNSURE about was spending money with these guys, had anyone any experience with them good or bad to share???

@UKRob I take your point but it's the same whenever you buy off the Internet, the only down side is it's a factor you have to figure into the overall deal!?! :mad:

@UKRob I take your point but it's the same whenever you buy off the Internet, the only down side is it's a factor you have to figure into the overall deal!?! :mad:
I’m not making a point about the internet - I use it all the time including buying from far off places such as Japan. The point I was trying to make is that you should maybe consider suppliers of refurbished razors who are closer to home because any problems are that much easier to resolve.

OK, so nobody scored that round, coz we all missed each others point!?! :ROFLMAO:

Bonus Round, fingers on buzzers!....Does anyone know what the point is???

@UKRob ah now I get your drift, trouble is sometimes when you're looking for that certain something and you only know what that certain something is when you see it, it isn't always close to home!?!
Personally I would say if I purchased a refurbished vintage Straight razor and it needed/I think it can be better, then I would look for someone in the UK to do the work? So long as I haven't spent stupid money buying the razor and the guy improving on it isn't wanting silly money, then this could be an option?
The Griffith site does seem to give detailed descriptions of the state of each razor and plenty of photos to back up what is stated. I think at some stage if you have done your homework and you feel this is that certain thing you were searching for then the gamble has to be taken?

Back
Top Bottom