Anyone using Vie long soap?

I'm currently using a Palmolive stick as my tallow based soap (cheap introduction) and whilst i can't criticise it's performance i am starting to tire of it's scent, it's not bad i just fancy something different.

So Valobra is definitely on my shopping list as it seems toi be highly rated, however i've also seen this:
http://www.connaughtshaving.com/32003.html

Seems like a good bargain too, but does anyone have any feedback on it?

The Lea tallow stick is pretty good. If you're looking for other tallow based sticks I prefer Tabac for performance (the scent can be a bit divisive) and even though it's a fair chunk more expensive the Valobra stick is truly majestic.

But if you are looking for a tallow based soap that is affordable and are happy to go for something which isn't a stick I myself and others really hold Vitos Red Coco in high estimation. Connaught sell it by the block but Gemstone sell it in smaller chunks.

Yes, it is a good soap, it is exactly same as Lea(tallow formula) stick, as a matter of fact it is produced by Lea so it is just a re-brand.
On the basis of what you have said I have ordered two sticks. I love the Lea tallow soap stick and it is a shame it is no longer available, if this is infact a rebranded Lea tallow stick I will be more than happy.
Thanks for the info. P.

Last edited:

This would be as good a time as any to explain the difference between the Red & Green Vitos soap if you would please. Doesn't one have coconut and/or glycerin and the other not?

Thanks all, why do i start to feel like i'm going to end up with far more soap than i could ever realistically use? and then there's the creams i want to try as well!

I have one but haven't used it yet as I already have a Lea stick on the go. The Ingredients are identical and the labels even list them in the same order.

Have you had a chance to take the VL stick out of the case? On the B&B Sticks project thread, the author described even though the ingredients lists are the same the soap sticks were different to his observations as they had different scents and a slightly different colour as well and the author prefers the VL stick to the Lea one.

And the author of the post describes them as "The sticks are, however, not exactly the same colour-wise. You can notice that Lea is pure white where Vie Long is more of a yellowish white. The perfume or fragrance could cause this, I do not know. They don't have the same scent. Lea is pulling toward laundry detergent where Vie Long is more of a soapy scent with a bit of citrus."