Anyone tried the 40p DE blades from Wilkinsons?

I'm talking about the 'value' shop Wilkinsons here, not the razor manufacturer Wilkinson Sword! I dropped in the other day and saw a pack of blades for 40p. I can't remember the name - maybe laser platinum or something. They claimed to be platinum coated and distributed from the UK, but gave no mention of where they were manufactured. I was just wondering if anyone had tried them?

Yes - Laser is the brand, tried them - I didn't know you could platinum coat wet hardboard (which is what the blades appear to be made from). Positively the worst blade I've had the misfortune to use. Not even any use in a paint scraper.

For anyone looking at the Indian "Laser Ultra" blades and getting scared - they're not the same as the "Laser" brand from Wilko, they're not great, just modest usable blades.

hunnymonster said:
Yes - Laser is the brand, tried them - I didn't know you could platinum coat wet hardboard (which is what the blades appear to be made from). Positively the worst blade I've had the misfortune to use. Not even any use in a paint scraper.

For anyone looking at the Indian "Laser Ultra" blades and getting scared - they're not the same as the "Laser" brand from Wilko, they're not great, just modest usable blades.

+ 100 Billion

Just having them in the same postcode area was enough to ruin my shave.

I have a pack of 5. Once I start using them later this week I'll let you know how I get on with them.

I have posted a review in the DE Blades section.

Back
Top Bottom