Anyone here buy the Eclipse Red Ring off of eBay?

It's a sweet looking bit o' kit.

• I was amazed to see it go for £110.00 when it's selling or about £60.00.
      • But, hey! - I can't even pony up the £60.00 even for a lonnnnnng time comin'.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I bid on that razor when it came up the first time, same seller gave it a clean and if you look in his feedback you see the item being purchased and then some adverts and a pack of Eclipse blades and he stuck it back o a month or two later. Bought for £60(ish) if memory serves me right spent £10-£15 then sold on at £110 with more and better pictures taken and a nicer description.

What is shows to me is that the devil is in the details, the original Eclipse blades and adverts added to a nice original case make it a complete set and instantly more valuable and collectible. Food for thought if you do have a nice good condition boxed set, vintage blades and adverts can be readily had and really add collector value.

Not bad going, whoever it is selling knows what they are doing but is willing to take a stab, it could have went a bit Pete Tong and sold for less but on that occasion he made £25-£35 quid when postage is taken into account.

Back
Top Bottom