Anyone else miss this new Wilkinson Sword Retro Classic?

Popped up on Instagram today, but looks like it was released at the start of the year.

A step up from the plastic Classic it seems.

Aside from Boots (not online) and Tesco (and online), they're on Amazon and eBay.

Last edited:
I looked at one in Tesco a few weeks back , the box was already open so I had the razor out and in my hand , IMO it just looked and felt like one of the Chinese razors you can get of Aliexpress for less money , I rightly or wrongly formed the opinion that it was just an overpriced Chinese razor , I stand to be corrected though .

I bought one before Christmas. I was later pointed to the (apparently) identical razor on Aliexpress and it was only a few pounds cheaper. I don't have a problem with that. It is unusual for a mainstream company to introduce a new DE to the market....so I think for the sake of a few pounds....they should be encouraged to maintain that presence. The razor is well finished and includes a pack of genuine Wilkinson sword Blades which don't come with the Chinese purchase. It also gives a reasonable shave as well!

"1898 design "

The first TTO was the 1932 GEM Micromatic, and it didn't look anything like that.

I think it's just in reference to their first patent. As it happens, the Pall Mall and Empire razors both had a screw end on the handle to release the head for blade un/loading and stropping purposes. Granted, it's a stretch especially given it's a clone of their immediate competitor's design but that's marketing.