Anyone else "blend" soaps

I roast my own coffee beans and enjoy creating various espresso blends from different varieties of green beans.

I wondered if anyone has thought of creating a hard soap blend. Two I really like are:

60:40 mix of Trumpers Coconut Oil & Trumpers Rose
50:50 mix of Palmolive Shave Stick (gut2.3) & Erasmic (tallowate) Shave Stick

I grate these with a cheese grater, mix and press into a wooden bowl.
Most excellent is the Trumpers mix. This is my go to shave soap and I cannot now use either Trumpers soaps on their own anymore. I have a hardly used coconut oil puck and I will have to now buy a rose now for a future vintage :!:

guyhayton said:
60:40 mix of Trumpers Coconut Oil & Trumpers Rose
50:50 mix of Palmolive Shave Stick (gut2.3) & Erasmic (tallowate) Shave Stick

Most excellent is the Trumpers mix. This is my go to shave soap and I cannot now use either Trumpers soaps on their own anymore. I have a hardly used coconut oil puck and I will have to now buy a rose now for a future vintage :!:

Interesting I like the Trumpers Rose very much, does the coconut make the rose sweeter? what is the overall small is it predominately coconut or rose? or something in between? I assume you are talking about the coconut oil hard soap here and not something else in the Trumpers coconut range.

Erasmic (I have to find something to do with the damn thing !!) and I carn't believe it's not butter light (I'm on a diet). Nice buttery lather and keeps the hunger pangs away untill lunchtime.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now off into town for a pint or 3, enjoy your evening folks.......

I was thinking about doing this as I have an erasmic and palmolive stick in the cupboard and definitely prefer lathering from a puck instead of rubbing them over my face. Might give it a go later.

Palmolive stick grated and Wilkinson Sword Blue soap melted over it back into the WS bowl

not my idea but someone posted about on TSR in the early days so i gave it a go

works very well, tallowy goodness with glycerin glide :cool:

Back
Top Bottom