Any 'sample' sets for me to get?

I'm still new to DE (about 3 months or so) and have got a good selection of things to try in my rotation-o-sorts.
But the one thing I am really missing is a proper aftershave.
I don't want to buy a huge bottle and not use it (my wife will be the judge of what I like and therefore use :icon_rolleyes: ) so I was wondering if there are any miniature bottles or sample sets or testers that I can get hold of?
Thinking about it now, I don't think I've ever used a proper aftershave, so I have no idea what products smell of. And I can't justify buying half a dozen until I find one I like. So a tester selection set would be ideal for me.

To give a bit of background, I use Palmolive shave stick or Proraso shave cream (I love the smell of Proraso in the morning :icon_razz: ) and then after I use Nivea PSB. I have kindly been sent a sample of Proraso Pre / post cream and just used that for the first time, WOW what a feeling. On a hot weekend like this I can still feel the cooling effect now, but the wonderful smell has gone.

So perhaps I should just get the Proraso AS as I know and love their products, so do I just go for that? But I don't want to use that without atleast trying some other products.

I love menthol and citrus smells, I also want the smell to be background rather than overpowering.

Any suggestions, or any ideas where I can get testers?

balidey said:
I'm still new to DE (about 3 months or so) and have got a good selection of things to try in my rotation-o-sorts.
But the one thing I am really missing is a proper aftershave.
I don't want to buy a huge bottle and not use it (my wife will be the judge of what I like and therefore use :icon_rolleyes: ) so I was wondering if there are any miniature bottles or sample sets or testers that I can get hold of?
Thinking about it now, I don't think I've ever used a proper aftershave, so I have no idea what products smell of. And I can't justify buying half a dozen until I find one I like. So a tester selection set would be ideal for me.

To give a bit of background, I use Palmolive shave stick or Proraso shave cream (I love the smell of Proraso in the morning :icon_razz: ) and then after I use Nivea PSB. I have kindly been sent a sample of Proraso Pre / post cream and just used that for the first time, WOW what a feeling. On a hot weekend like this I can still feel the cooling effect now, but the wonderful smell has gone.

So perhaps I should just get the Proraso AS as I know and love their products, so do I just go for that? But I don't want to use that without atleast trying some other products.

I love menthol and citrus smells, I also want the smell to be background rather than overpowering.

Any suggestions, or any ideas where I can get testers?

Truefit & Hill do a sample range of colognes and aftershaves, there's enough for one go in each little vial. See their website, not too sure where DRH do the same, I think Trumpers do as well. You can also purchase small samples from Connaughts Shaving. There is lots to choose from.

A few of us have had an excellent from Floris recently.

Go to their website and sign up for this newsletter and then when you receive it reply to them and say you would like to try some more sample before buying..

I did this and they sent me 8 samples :)

Geo F Trumper do a very good sample set of their entire range of shaving products. Its advertised for £8 on their website, but if you call in to one of the stores in person and have a chat then you tend to walk out with one gratis...

Yep, Floris sends out samples. They sent me seven samples when I asked for some male fragrances instead of some of their Private Collection. I got samples of: Mahon Leather, Santal , JF, Limes, No.89, Cefiro and Elite. I used up the Santal sample (and bought a 100ml bottle), kept the Mahon Leather and passed on the other samples to a friend.

Czech & Speake do samples, worth buying a pack as their stuff is excellent - plus you get a money off voucher code. Limited to one sample pack per customer.

Also try www.ausliebezumduft.de - "First In Fragrance" - again you have to buy samples (or if you buy a fragrance you get a choice of free samples) - their service is pretty quick and samples are decent value.

Well, scent is not the only property of an aftershave. Also, were you talking about balms or splashes? Proraso splash is quite nice if you like the cooling sensation (so is Old Spice, btw ;)), but if you want some really soothing stuff - Speick is your friend.
As for ASBs - noticed Floris Santal mentioned above, and I confirm that it is awesome. Otherwise - again, from my experience - Speick or Institut Karite, these are top performers.

Back
Top Bottom