Any Idea where to unlock my HTC phone?

Hi guys

I have this HTC Desire Handset. It only works with T mobile and I'd like it to work with vodafone. Is that possible?

I googled for ages and prices for an 'unlock code' vary from £5 right up to £25

Anyone have any recommendations please?

Thank you

RSJ

sj184 said:
I googled for ages and prices for an 'unlock code' vary from £5 right up to £25

The cost varies depending on how new the phone is... the latest hardware IDs are only on the latest database from HTC, so some will charge you depending on the database it's on. Go mooch over at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.androidforums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.androidforums.com</a><!-- w --> - there are reputable unlock shops on there.

Thank you.

Update: As it's one of the newer handsets and as HunnyMonster said, the unlock code is on a newer database. The cost from a 3rd party is 16.99. Or T mobile can do it for 15 quid but it can take anywhere from 14 to 28 days.

Doesnt make sense..at least here in the USA..NO cell provider would ever charge for this..the only catch os you have to wait a certain amount of time before they let you

Blades

Blades said:
Doesnt make sense..at least here in the USA..NO cell provider would ever charge for this..the only catch os you have to wait a certain amount of time before they let you

Blades

That's good it's free, but there's no point in waiting if you need it straight away.

Blades said:

Blades
In europe law dictates that it has to be free after 6 months if I recall correctly, I just did mine for free. (Nokia E71)
But if you need it before then, you pay, since OP is talking about a "recent" handet, I presume he's not got that 6 months, so paying is the only option.

Max

sj184 said:
Thank you.

Or T mobile can do it for 15 quid but it can take anywhere from 14 to 28 days.

Persevere with T mobile customer services. i got a Nokia n86 on 3mobile when they first came out then gave it to the wife who`s on vodafone. I threatened to cancel my 18month contract and leave unless they unlocked it, they talked me through it , gave me a code to input and 5minutes later the phones unlocked.

They will try to bluff you so bluff back and ask to cancel the contract .

Back
Top Bottom