another to add to the collection!

daz

I recently bought a Gillette Rocket from joe mcclaine in the BST section and have to say it is a great wee razor! I tried it for the first time at the weekend along with some new soap, again from another forum member Olv1n. I cant remember what the soap is but it smells of turkish delight and the wife says I smell like a whores handbag!!! Who cares? I like it and it lathered up a treat.

The razor itself was one of the best shaves I have had yet, both in terms of comfort and closeness, I can't wait to try it out with another blade. For the first shave I stuck to the Astra SP for no other reason than they seem to work pretty well in all the razors I have tried so far.
I initially bought this to see if I could make a new tto handle for it, the answer is yes I can, but because I enjoyed my shave with it so much I have decided to leave it as it is. Unmolested and unharmed

If anyone has used this razor and has a suggestion for a different blade I am all ears.

cheers

daz

I didn't find it too mild at all, don't get me wrong it wasn't exactly aggressive but it seemed a nice combination of smoothness and closeness if that makes sense? A feather shall be tried next time me-thinks, I also have some Rapira and Perma-Sharps to try out :)

Much prefer my Gillette #77 with a Rapira. i find the Yellows to be very sharp but a trifle irritating. Bit like myself then....

I'll try shimming the Rocket HD tomorrow - certainly worked for the Jagger.

daz said:
I recently bought a Gillette Rocket from joe mcclaine in the BST section and have to say it is a great wee razor! I tried it for the first time at the weekend along with some new soap, again from another forum member Olv1n. I cant remember what the soap is but it smells of turkish delight and the wife says I smell like a whores handbag!!! Who cares? I like it and it lathered up a treat.

The razor itself was one of the best shaves I have had yet, both in terms of comfort and closeness, I can't wait to try it out with another blade. For the first shave I stuck to the Astra SP for no other reason than they seem to work pretty well in all the razors I have tried so far.
I initially bought this to see if I could make a new tto handle for it, the answer is yes I can, but because I enjoyed my shave with it so much I have decided to leave it as it is. Unmolested and unharmed

If anyone has used this razor and has a suggestion for a different blade I am all ears.

cheers

daz
And what's wrong with smelling like a whores handbag?

Helveticum said:
Daz, wtf is that on your avatar??

Just noticed this Helveticum and it made me chuckle.
His name is Belial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket_Case_%28film%29

A bit pointless in replying now as he has been replaced with a much nicer but still psychopathic character

Back
Top Bottom