another new pen - rotring

Just bought another new fountain pen to add to my collection on my desk.
A Rotring Newton. Really like the look of it, hope it writes as good as it looks.
Not got any cartidges, so need to get some, or look at getting a converter.

anyone else use a Rotring FP?

I don't have the FP but use the BP match for it and I use a Rotring pencils.
Normally very reliable so I'm sure the FP wont disappoint.
Cult pens should have refills and convertors to fit.
Regards, beejay

I use a Rotring Art Pen Medium (with converter) as my daily writer/sketcher, not really an office pen but great to hold, dead smooth with great flow so hopefully the nibs are related. Ignored by the penifista because of it's artistic credentials but it's a bit of a sleeper imo.

Well I run an engineering office, so I was aware of the original Rotring draughting pens, but never really knew about their FPs.
Just got searching on ebay for another mechanical pencil and stumbled across the Newton. So decided to get it.
For some reason I have stopped using my Parker 25 so felt like a change. Was going to get another Lamy, infact may still do some time soon.
Will start a shopping list with Cultpens shortly.

Newton arrived today. It is a heavy weight. Nice smooth nib. Seller threw in 3 cartridges so I can start using it straight away, but they are black and I am a Royal Blue boy. Still I'm sure I can use black for a while.

I love Rotring pens, I have a couple of Initials and two 600s, one mark I in silver with the knurling and one of the later ones in lava. The 600s are my favourites, very smooth and lovely heft without being unwieldy.

If anyone is feeling generous and wants to get me an early chrissie pressie there is an amazing Rotring set in leather case on ebay at the minute. Contains almost all the best Rotrings in one set. Its amazing.

Rotring FP (indeed RB, BP and MP) are really good writing instruments. They are exceptionally well-engineered and sufficiently robust for day-to-day use.

I have a number of Esprits, Initials, Newtons, 400s, 600s and 900s and they are all really nice for writing / drawing.

The price of original 600s have gone through the roof in recent years too. Newtons are holding / increasing their value so you can't go wrong with them; they are a great buy.

I used to have a black Rotring 600 fountain pen, but to be honest, I just found it too heavy for writing with for any length of time. I gave it to a friend who has a matt chrome one, and I knew he'd enjoy having its dark twin. I'm just very happy that he enjoys it.

Back
Top Bottom