Another New Base From Barrister And Mann

I seen on their Instagram page that they plan to replace all their current base formulas with a new lanolin free base called Omnibus.

They're using something called cupuacu butter which they say is an "Amazonian skincare miracle", and can absorb 2.5 times as much water as lanolin and won't irritate sensitive skin.

I'm always a bit on the fence with this sort of news.
I think it's great that they're looking for ways to cater for every skin type and better their soaps, I guess as an artisan, improving your products should never end.
But on the other hand, how much better will this base be to their existing bases - all of which I find exceptional both in performance and post shave. But maybe it's more to do with the skin irritation side of things that they're renewing it.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be good. I'll probably end up trying the new base out, more out of curiosity more than anything else.

Attachments

• 1632412682648.gif
    1632412682648.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 14
Their Soft Heart base is superb! I think they are updating for two reasons, the aforementioned issue some have with lanolin as well as some complaining the Excelsior & Soft Heart bases don't last as long as the old Glissant base.

This new base is purportedly harder and lathers if you look at it. I trust Will at B&M as he has never let his customers down re quality.

I’m not saying this was a marketing ploy but when I saw their post I thought there’d be a rush of people buying up the old bases they like and then a rush of people wanting the latest base when that’s released too. They’ll certainly sell a lot of soap for the next few months once the new base gets hyped up. Personally I still prefer the old white tub base and wish they’d bring that back.

They just introd their flagship Seville and also Le Grand Chypre in Omnibus base FWIW. Too bad I am not even 1/3 of the way thru my tub of Seville in Excelsior base. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom