Another 1912

The nice postie called today.

It seems to be in very good condition, and goes well with the last one.

The handle on this is 3/8" shorter than the brassed one.

I just need those blades to arrive from Connaught !

Edit : As I was writing the post, an email from Connaught arrived. Blades Dispatched !

Steve

All you have to do now is acquire the English made 1912 and you will have the set. :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Pete

Been on holiday for week. After seeing your photos, can't wait to see what the mail brings tomorrow. Been very active on eBay with their SE offerings!

I love my Ever Ready 1912. It has the plain knurled handle though. I quite fancy one of those art deco styled ones.

I have 2 micromatics now, so I think it would be positively rude not to get another 1912.

Johnus said:
Both have the wrong handles? Not sure what you mean?

I wonder if he means my 1912 with the knurled handle is the wrong one. I had wondered TBH. Not that I'm complaining since it only cost £6.50 and shaves great.

fozz77 could elaborate on this?

Yes mate, the handles can be unscrewed and therefore changed, thats all. I do not know the history of the 1912 & to be honest i thought they all came with the art deco type handles & maybe they did originally.

I once bought a job lot of SE's that had a NOS MM OC in the mix. The rest was a mix of very tatty stuff. amongst it was a 1912 head c/w a wooden lather catcher handle, half the wood was missing.

I didn't realise they could all be unscrewed. Mine has had a washer welded to the screw thread so it doesn't unscrew. Funny thing is it looks like it was made that way because its such a clean weld.

Question on the history of the 1912. I have a 1912 gem and ever-ready and just bid on a star. The heads are similar to the point where they look like they could have come out of the same factory. Is it the same design and just a different brand of the same company. Kind of like cars and General Motors???