An Irritating Question

Has anyone had trouble with irritation after using a Muhle shaving soap? I used the Sandalwood this evening and my face felt irritated, along with a mild burning sensation. I had to apply shaving balm liberally. I've never come across this with any other soap or cream.

Golddachs & Taylor Jermyn/Grapefruit do this to me, although normally during the shave & it's not long lasting. Still unpleasant enough that I don't use them & I like Grapefruit.

I have used MÜHLE's Sea Buckthorn with no issues.

Never had it with soaps or creams but Nivea cream in the blue tin irritates my face. Stopped using it. Shame really as it's good stuff.

Unfortunately, the body shop macca root cream had a bit of a burn to it. I binned the cream but kept the container which makes a very good soap dish... every cloud has a silver lining...

I get that as well, strange that it's not where it's on my skin, but my Cheeks as far up as under my eyes, it must be giving off some fumes, I still use it though.

OSP Bay Rum irritates my face but OSP Spice Rd doesn't. I've a feeling its the clove, I've another different Bay Rum sample to try this theory.

It can't be the base ingredients which I'm glad as I like OSP performance and I'd like to try more.

I found alot of irritation with the beloved floid. But it soon passed leaving no redness ans the skin feeling superb. It was just the initial hit of alcohol i think.

OSP Bay Rum irritates my face but OSP Spice Rd doesn't. I've a feeling its the clove, I've another different Bay Rum sample to try this theory.

It can't be the base ingredients which I'm glad as I like OSP performance and I'd like to try more.
You could always put a couple of spots of clove oil on your skin to see if you get a reaction, that would narrow it down to cloves and nothing else. Just a thought.

I found this with ToBS sandalwood, I didn't notice at first but noticed I was always irritated and burnt after using it and through the forums I discovered many people react to sandalwood. I am fine with Proraso sandalwood.

I also notice I get irritated with Vito's Red but don't get anything with Cella or 3P. Must be one of those things.