An American needs advice about manners in the UK

Greetings fellow shavers,

I contacted a very well established, long-time English supplier of shaving soaps, creams, etc. three days ago with a simple question and I have yet to hear back from them. Am I just the impatient Yankee or should I have expected a reply by now?

Anxious in the USA.

Last edited:

DR Harris per chance?

If so you may as well be sending postcards to the moon.

My response to seller bad manners is to not buy.

I've found one of the best ways to contact companies who have poor comms via email is to tweet them, it's worked several times for me though I've never contacted Harris... Worth a try at least.

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I have never tweeted before. Do I leave them a message and then they email me back? Sorry, I just don't understand all of this social media - I grew up with black rotary dial telephones.

Peace.

Last edited:
I've found one of the best ways to contact companies who have poor comms via email is to tweet them, it's worked several times for me though I've never contacted Harris... Worth a try at least.

Rohleder,

I did sign up for twitter and I did tweet (I think.) DR Harris a nice friendly tweet. I guess we shall see if they respond.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Hi ike. I won't make excuses for DRH but we've just had a Bank Holiday (Public Holiday) weekend in the UK. They may be playing catch-up. It's no excuse if you've not heard anything by close-of-play today though.

I am not surprised that DR Harris do not answer their emails. Probably to many complaints to handle due to the poor quality of the soaps they sell..

Yeah cant agree with that one unfortunately - have 2 and they're both great soaps.

I sent them an email asking them if the one i had was perhaps a bad batch.......

I have the Arlington.
The Scent is a poor man's Arko.
The Bowl is poor quality. For the price, T&H and TOBS have much better bowls.
The packaging was poor (Simple box with sticker)
The soap is in itself well made. Its a very firm puck and will obviously last ages and it lathers up nicely, but for me, shave performance is terrible. I am anot alone in this btw. Users complain that performance tanks as you get through the puck which speaks to me of poor QA.

It's my worse soap. and my most expensive (non vintage).