Amiga Computers!

Who had an Amiga?

I had a 1200 which eventually I had to mount the motherboard to a corkboard because all the peripherals could no longer effectively sit in the case and so built and open-case computer on a large board. It sat in the lot for many years until we moved and while cleaning out the loft found a soggy box with this computer in, potentially damaged by a roof leak some years before ... but no! It damn well fired up, didn't it? Deluxe Galaga up and running again inside a mere few minutes.

I also had a 3000UX which was a lot of fun (for a computer geek) but otherwise almost entirely useless. The hard drive failed and I couldn't get the OS to reinstall onto the replacement drive, the reinstall tapes were the large QIC format (not that much smaller than VHS cassettes) from memory. Anyway, I bit the bullet and hacked a NetBSD installation onto it ... which was geek fun, but again, almost entirely useless.

I am back in Malta i a few weeks' time. I will have to keep an eye out for it! republic Street?

I never had an Amiga; my friend when we were at school had an A1200 with a small hard drive (I think around 2GB). I had an Atari ST back then.

Uuuuuuuuummm!!! I'm telling!
Soul Food Love GIF by WE tv

Back
Top Bottom