Always something new!

I thought I was familiar with most of the DE blades out there, but ferreting around the Agent Shave website, I find I was wrong.

'Gillette Winner' (who is that man?). 'Elios'. 'Dorco Titan'. Something new to discover every day, it would seem.

I thought I was familiar with most of the DE blades out there, but ferreting around the Agent Shave website, I find I was wrong.

'Gillette Winner' (who is that man?). 'Elios'. 'Dorco Titan'. Something new to discover every day, it would seem.

Gillette have released a number of new blades in the last year or two, including Gillette Winner Platinum/Stainless, Gillette London Bridge, Super Blue (Vietnam), Super Thin Platinum. I've used them all aside from the latter and aside from the Winner Stainless I liked them all.

Thinking about it, DE shaving must be pretty big in India, to warrant the expenditure involved in the endorsement of a man of this renown?

I made a trip to India a few years ago and kept an eye for wet shaving related things.

DE blades are sold in huge numbers. Barbershop shaves are huge there, the cost of one is pretty much less than the price of a disposable plastic razor (before a can of goo or soap etc) so many people will head to their local barbershop for a shave with half a DE blade. Barbers will use another half DE blade per haircut to tidy up backs and sides.

Barbershops are all around the landscape, and the numbers of DE blades they get through must be insane.

DE blades aren't going anywhere, I imagine there will be more new blades released in time to come.

Larks a Lordy! Bruce Lee is there as well!

Thanks for that link. Which of the 'Winners' won you over - the stainless or the platinum..?
Platinum. The stainless is actually made by Vertice, rather than Gillette directly. Vertice are the folks behind the EuroMax Platinum that you might have seen recently. We think there's a link back to SuperMax somehow.

Many of these (other) Indian blades have a playful fierceness to their character. Don't read that as "rough" or "not smooth" or even "harsh", just playfully fierce. You know you're getting shaved but very aware that there's also a tiger in the room! Check out the ones from Samah available from RBC (the link). The 7AM is a super blade.

Those Bruce Lee are EXACTLY the same as the regular red pack Cloud ... but Bruce Lee makes then a lot tougher :ROFLMAO:

Platinum. The stainless is actually made by Vertice, rather than Gillette directly. Vertice are the folks behind the EuroMax Platinum that you might have seen recently. We think there's a link back to SuperMax somehow.

Many of these (other) Indian blades have a playful fierceness to their character. Don't read that as "rough" or "not smooth" or even "harsh", just playfully fierce. You know you're getting shaved but very aware that there's also a tiger in the room! Check out the ones from Samah available from RBC (the link). The 7AM is a super blade.

Those Bruce Lee are EXACTLY the same as the regular red pack Cloud ... but Bruce Lee makes then a lot tougher :ROFLMAO:
Ta very much!

tendulkar is huge in india, the whole cricket sport is huge all over asian, whether it be india, pakistan, bengladesh etc as its the main sport theyre best at imo

Don't forget about Kabaddi.

Who was the last Pakistani superstar of cricket? Shahid Afridi? I saw him playing in a Nepalese T20 tournament the other day!

The current Pakistan team have some stars, Babar Azam of course, but I'm a huge fan of Shaheen Afridi, been following him since I saw him play in a U19's WC.

Shame the England series was cancelled, the ECB messed it up.

Back
Top Bottom