Alternative source of GEM blades

I've just discovered the joys of SE shaving with an ER 1912. First of all I tried a generic carbon steel blade, which was a bit 'tuggy' but worked well enough to encourage me to continue.

I wasn't sure about the coated GEM's from Connaught as I thought they may be a bit ubber sharp for me, so I trawled the web and found these :-

http://www.bladesandknivesdirect.co.uk/single-edge-blades-stainless-steel-94-p.asp

I ordered some to try, and lo and behold, what arrived was the very same coated GEM's that Connaught sell!

I've used Connaught before and found the service to be excellent, so I don't want to do them out of business, and there isn't a huge price difference but an alternative source for a hard to get item is always good, IMHO.

If they are the Same Stainless PTFE coated ones that Connaught sells then great as they are a bit cheaper, but the ones in the link just look like the standard carbon ones.....

As long as they're better than the free ones that got supplied with my Ever Ready.

I think they were carpet blades and were, erm, interesting to shave with.

The ones I received were in a different box to the ones pictured on the site, and definitely say 'gem stainless steel coated'. They are very Sharp...

Back
Top Bottom