(almost OT) new Fb group against "toxic masculinity" ad

I disagree completely.

I think the advert is a f*cking disgrace.

Seriously shaving against the grain on your neck with a 5 blade razor head? That's a recipe for ingrowns. I'm not even going to talk about the lack of prep.

FFS, a single blade razor (double at most) with proper prep/lather not just shitty gel from a can.

Pfft.

Makes me furious.

(IMO, should have been a Tech/7OC Yellow, Boar brush & Cella)

My two pence!
I do not give a hoot.
I have been on many a racing grid where women are "used" the girls will say "it's just a job"
I have seen many women batter their partners and children and Vica Versa. When you get involved the focus of both changes.
This is a shaving forum to enjoy the fantastic craic about shaving. Please leave the BS for the tabloids.
By the way I am watching the fantastic " Les Miserables" YMMV.
That's all folks

As a child at many different schools I never encountered anyone having issues ididentifying gender. Yet today the media portrays it as very common, for example Theo in Sabrina.
I have no idea if this is what is occurring in reality, but why is it occuring now and not 35 years ago? I have had one colleague change gender, I just went with the flow. I grew up with a gay uncle - a cross between Kenneth Kendall and Nigel Hawthorne. Very dapper, you wouldn't have known he was gay apart from having a male flatmate for 50 years and being exceedingly well dressed and groomed.

I don't think LGBT is more common than it was 35 years ago, after all it's the way you're born not a choice. It's just that 35 years ago society was more prejudiced than it is now and people either felt that they had to hide / deny who they were or actually had to to avoid discrimination and in some cases abuse and violence. In the last few years there seems to be a push to get it more into the open and raise awareness and hopefully acceptance.