Aleppo soap - good for dry skin - Pre Shave and Shower.

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
I have been using Aleppo soap as a pre wash, based on reports by Shavers who like me has dry skin and occasional flares up of redness. Main ingredients are Olive Oil and Laurel. Though not cheap I am using one with a high % of laurel oil ( 70). as a face wash prior to shaving and it softens the skin and whiskers too.
I have found out that it is great in the Shower and can be used as a Shampoo too.I have since my original purchase got some with 50% Laurel, and my wife has started to use it and reduced the use of shop brought Shampoo.

I have been using Aleppo soap as a pre wash, based on reports by Shavers who like me has dry skin and occasional flares up of redness. Main ingredients are Olive Oil and Laurel. Though not cheap I am using one with a high % of laurel oil ( 70). as a face wash prior to shaving and it softens the skin and whiskers too.
I have found out that it is great in the Shower and can be used as a Shampoo too.I have since my original purchase got some with 50% Laurel, and my wife has started to use it and reduced the use of shop brought Shampoo.
Wonderful stuff indeed.

Paul.

I used the Aleppo this morning in the shower as a preshave. I keep a little inexpensive synthetic brush in there, and after rubbing the aleppo on my face like a shave stick I lather up with the brush and let that sit on my face as I enjoy a last minute of the hot water waking me up. Then I end my shower, dry off but trying to leave my face wet, and then shave. Since the aleppo lather is fairly short lived it has usually disappeared by the time I actually get to the using my shave soap portion of the morning, but I like to think it adds a little extra slip to my shave.

I used the Aleppo this morning in the shower as a preshave. I keep a little inexpensive synthetic brush in there, and after rubbing the aleppo on my face like a shave stick I lather up with the brush and let that sit on my face as I enjoy a last minute of the hot water waking me up. Then I end my shower, dry off but trying to leave my face wet, and then shave. Since the aleppo lather is fairly short lived it has usually disappeared by the time I actually get to the using my shave soap portion of the morning, but I like to think it adds a little extra slip to my shave.
It's a fantastic soap even if you just use it for skin washing. It's my number one go to soap now and has been for some years and my skin has never felt or looked better.
Try it for your everyday skin washing for a fun month and you may well see the improvement yourself.

Paul.

It's a fantastic soap even if you just use it for skin washing. It's my number one go to soap now and has been for some years and my skin has never felt or looked better.
Try it for your everyday skin washing for a fun month and you may well see the improvement yourself.

Paul.
I should. I think they sent a pound of soap when I ordered it, and I haven't even put a dent in the first chunk just using it for face and whisker washing.

Back
Top Bottom