Air Fryer

The only 'special thing' I have is one of those panino toasters for making toasted sandwiches and, er, panini. I used to have one of those old school ones that supposedly seals the edges and cuts the sandwich in half but they don't do panini so when it died I got a flat one which gets used a lot. OK at a push you could also do fried eggs and black pudding in it, but I have a pan for that. I'm not keen on oven chips but I live opposite 2 chip shops so not a concern! If I had more space the thing I would be checking out would be a slow cooker.

I had a George Formby grill, but every time I used it I had to clean the windows.

Ooh mother! Where's me washboard?
Coat, door, gone.

Last edited:
The only 'special thing' I have is one of those panino toasters for making toasted sandwiches and, er, panini. I used to have one of those old school ones that supposedly seals the edges and cuts the sandwich in half but they don't do panini so when it died I got a flat one which gets used a lot. OK at a push you could also do fried eggs and black pudding in it, but I have a pan for that. I'm not keen on oven chips but I live opposite 2 chip shops so not a concern! If I had more space the thing I would be checking out would be a slow cooker.

I had a George Formby grill, but every time I used it I had to clean the windows.

Ooh mother! Where's me washboard?
Coat, door, gone.
Clean the windows? :confused:

one kitchen appliance Im glad I got is the nutri ninja, it's one of the best smoothie makers about and shreds most things to pieces and makes nice smoothies

they're cheaper these day compared to how much I paid at the time

Sorry @TobyC and @saj1985 that was my attempt at humour, which falls flat if you don't know who George Formby was. I just find the similarity of name between a bad ass boxer and a funny old music hall fella from Wigan strumming a banjolele amusing. The idea of Formby having a line of kitchen appliances also tickles me.

Last edited:
Sorry @TobyC and @saj1985 that was my attempt at humour, which falls flat if you don't know who George Formby was. I just find the similarity of name between a bad ass boxer and a funny old music hall fella from Wigan strumming a banjolele amusing. The idea of Formby having a line of kitchen appliances also tickles me.

no worries i was wondering where you got george formby from lol :ROFLMAO:

btw i really want to get a bread maker and get into making bread just as a bit of fun and pass time but mrs isnt keen on me getting one just purely because of the size but apparently these break makers have all sorts of options so dont just make the standard bread

btw i really want to get a bread maker and get into making bread just as a bit of fun and pass time but mrs isnt keen on me getting one just purely because of the size but apparently these break makers have all sorts of options so dont just make the standard bread
Why not make bread in the oven? It's really easy according to Instagram.

I was going to get a bread maker untill I worked out I would have to make a huge amount of loaves to even come close to break even.
About 220 loaves if memory is correct. To me that is at least 4 years.
I still make bread now and again the traditional way, the other thing, home made bread goes stale quite quickly.

Why not make bread in the oven? It's really easy according to Instagram.
That's exactly what my mrs is saying,
she's like do it in the oven and if you stick at it then I'll consider you getting a break maker, I think she's actually got a fair point on this one tbf lol

I was going to get a bread maker untill I worked out I would have to make a huge amount of loaves to even come close to break even.
About 220 loaves if memory is correct. To me that is at least 4 years.
I still make bread now and again the traditional way, the other thing, home made bread goes stale quite quickly.
I'm not even going to ask how you figured out that number lol

What sort of bread do you make?

p.s sorry for derailing the thread @Sabre

The price of breadmaker and the price of bread flour + yeast =££
How many loaves you use a week/month =££
For me it’s not about the price
it’s about having fresh bread with no sh1te in it.
you know there was actually a radio program about bread making and i’m sad to say i listened to it lol.
anyway one so called expect said that bread these days dosent go stale
it just goes from being ok to mouldy & it’s something iv never thought about before but she’s 100% right.
Don’t get me wrong i couldn’t be bothered making it everyday but once or twice a week is nice enough.

Another thing is it’s definitely cheaper making your own however not if you go to a supermarket and buy these small packets of flour,
if anyone is making bread to save money they they need to buy huge bulk something i couldn’t be bothered with.

you know there was actually a radio program about bread making and i’m sad to say i listened to it lol.
it just goes from being ok to mouldy & it’s something iv never thought about before but she’s 100% right.
Don’t get me wrong i couldn’t be bothered making it everyday but once or twice a week is nice enough.

Another thing is it’s definitely cheaper making your own however not if you go to a supermarket and buy these small packets of flour,
if anyone is making bread to save money they they need to buy huge bulk something i couldn’t be bothered with.
You got a bread make or make it in the oven?

I saw lidl have one on sale the other day

Oh yes, nothing better than homemade bread out the oven spread with home made butter, with homemade soup.
I ment it was not worth me to buy a breadmaker but I still make bread a couple of times a month if not more.

Back
Top Bottom