Air Fryer

I am thinking of getting an Air Fryer on Amazon. One is £59.00 from the budget Vortex brand without a Black Friday discount and the other from Philips for £90.00 allegedly reduced from £130.00

Do you use an Air Fryer? Any recommendations?

I have a Philips Air Fryer and use it quite a lot. I find oven chips especially are much tastier when cooked in one of these.
I got mine years ago and it's still going strong so I can't compare with any other brands but maybe that's a good advert for Philips.
I remember the lady in the shop was doing demos cooking all sorts in it. I would recommend one.

this one in my house

I hear mixed things about these air fryers, some love them and some call them glorified ovens lol

never used one myself but the ninja ones seem to be really popular and I'm pretty sure a new ninja air fryer came out the other day which had a larger capacity

my sis got one and she got my mum one too from Amazon don't remember the make though

btw lidls own brand silvercrest one was suppose to be good a few month back, which came with three warranty as standard like most lidl electrical range

I tried all kinds of oven chips for years, was ultimately unsatisfied untill I bought a chip pan to use on the gas hob, and lard, or better beef dripping. Then I realised chips need to be deep fried.
And most important is to get chip totties, waxy for mash, dry floury for chips. You can double or triple fry if you want.
I have a gas ring on my hob that is perfect for the size of pan, put it on max then 3 or 4 mins after fat has melted chuck chips in wait untill chips are Golden Brown and floating. Perfect.
I'm hungry now. :)

I tried all kinds of oven chips for years, was ultimately unsatisfied untill I bought a chip pan to use on the gas hob, and lard, or better beef dripping. Then I realised chips need to be deep fried.
And most important is to get chip totties, waxy for mash, dry floury for chips. You can double or triple fry if you want.
I have a gas ring on my hob that is perfect for the size of pan, put it on max then 3 or 4 mins after fat has melted chuck chips in wait untill chips are Golden Brown and floating. Perfect.
Brings back great hunger satisfied memories but I hope you have a Fire Blanket nearby.

iv had the lot air fryer, steamers blah blah blah
all brilliant for a month or so then you get fed up with them.
only thing that’s lasted for me is a slow cooker.
for me the air fryer’s are a gimmick,
chips are ok ish but after your 4-5 time you realise they are pretty :poop:
Basically all these kitchen aids are for people that can’t or won’t cook

Last edited:
Brings back great hunger satisfied memories but I hope you have a Fire Blanket nearby.
I do, but no need, as I said the gas ring is perfect for the pan size.
Been here for 28 years with same hob and about 23 or so years with chip pan, if it was going to fuck up it would have done so by now.
Ps I don't do chips after a drink. I am sensible ish. :)

You sound like a northern, the way you describe cooking chips lol

I'm a lancashire lad and you can't beat an oily chip butty lool

Back
Top Bottom