Aftershave to Pair with MdC Fougere

Pitralon Classic aftershave is the da bomb(!) anyway, so you need it in your life either way.
Now on the list and inexpensive anyway thank you. I'd seen an absolute ton of variations on the fougere scent but none seem to match up, it's good to know that I wasn't losing my mind!
Barrister and Mann reserve Fern
Oddly I'd almost bought this one as a standalone set, may do that anyway and see how it goes.

Also have the DR Harris Arlington aftershave (@Scorpio93 thanks again for testing) on the list along with brut (which to be fair I almost picked up on morrisons when it was on offer the other day).

Reading the descriptions of all them it won't do any harm to have them in the armoury, well apart from the Mrs rolling her eyes!

Maybe MDC could offer some advice ?
I dropped them a line before the last suggestions came in, along with a cheeky question of whether they intend to do one themselves. May as well see what they come back with if anything.

Now the big question, tub or wooden bowl ha ha...isn't really a question I don't have the space to store an open bowl of soap!

Now on the list and inexpensive anyway thank you. I'd seen an absolute ton of variations on the fougere scent but none seem to match up, it's good to know that I wasn't losing my mind!

Oddly I'd almost bought this one as a standalone set, may do that anyway and see how it goes.

Also have the DR Harris Arlington aftershave (@Scorpio93 thanks again for testing) on the list along with brut (which to be fair I almost picked up on morrisons when it was on offer the other day).

Reading the descriptions of all them it won't do any harm to have them in the armoury, well apart from the Mrs rolling her eyes!

I dropped them a line before the last suggestions came in, along with a cheeky question of whether they intend to do one themselves. May as well see what they come back with if anything.

Now the big question, tub or wooden bowl ha ha...isn't really a question I don't have the space to store an open bowl of soap!
I think considering how long they let, the smaller tubs are worth a shout.

As always I thought bugger it and the list is a tad shorter, MdC Fougere (shaving time) , Pitralon and Arlington courtesy of ebay are on order.

I'll keep the B&M Fern and Krokos on the list and pick brut up the next time I'm at the shops.

Thanks everyone for the input, fingers crossed I get on with it now!

I was doing the same search and settled on Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère.
Was not easy to find it though (discontinued).
Stirling Varen may be a good match too.

Another frequent advice is Penhaligon's English Fern (or a dupe). Was not thrilled though: overwhelming lavender (not a fan).

I was doing the same search and settled on Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère.
Was not easy to find it though (discontinued).
Stirling Varen may be a good match too.

Another frequent advice is Penhaligon's English Fern (or a dupe). Was not thrilled though: overwhelming lavender (not a fan).
Funny you should say but I went on the hunt for that one as well, to only find out (as you point out) that it's dead and gone. I'll keep an eye out anyway, thank you!

I had found varen when I searched on Shaving Time but wasn't 100%, think I put it in and removed it from the basket half a dozen times before deciding to hold fire.

I steered clear of penhaligons, certainly until they have a sale on, but based on your experience I think it'll be a hard pass, doesn't sound like one I'd get along with.

Back
Top Bottom