Aftershave to Pair with MdC Fougere

Crossan

Supporter
Supporter
I'm sold on the MdC Fougere, but before I jump I like to pair soaps with Aftershave Splashes, not massively into balms at the moment. The soap scent doesn't last (much) beyond the wash so I could use anything, but I like to keep the theme going.

I've tried searching on here and in the Google wild and a couple of AS's crop up, but a lot of recommendations seem to creep further into the EDP world rather than straight aftershaves....or my google fu has failed me.

I've obviously found a few by just searching for fougere aftershaves:

Extro Felce Biancospino
Stirling Varen
Goodfellas Amber Fougere
Le Pere Lucien Fougere
... the list goes on but I don't know how they compare.

Long story short, wondering if anyone has any recommendations of similar fragrances in Aftershave form?

Cheers

Marc

Had me looking for it now!

Thank you both, sounds like I might have been trying to over complicate it, the price of the soap perhaps turned my head to expect the same for the AS. I suppose you are paying for the soap itself rather than the smell.

Keep the suggestions coming if anyone has them, always willing to expand horizons

Extro Felce Biancospino and TGS Amber Fougere are very different beasts to MdC Fougere. They're nice scents but not what you're looking for. I don't think I've ever come across a similar aftershave to MdC Fougere - obviously that doesn't mean there isn't one though.

Extro Felce Biancospino and TGS Amber Fougere are very different beasts to MdC Fougere. They're nice scents but not what you're looking for. I don't think I've ever come across a similar aftershave to MdC Fougere - obviously that doesn't mean there isn't one though.
Excellent, at least I know not to waste my time there then. In my searches I'd seen some mention Fine American Blend (I struggled to see the link there) and Myrsol Agua Balsamica, this one came up frequently along with Brut as mentioned by Sabre. Another one was LASSC Black Fern but there seemed to be conflicting opinions and Castle Forbes 1445.

Maybe something from D.R.Harris, Trumper or Tobs ? ?
I did see Trumper Wild Fern pop up, people seemed to be saying it was in the fougere family but at different ends and I saw D.R. Harris Arlington mentioned once but they didn't actually say it was the same. I may have to give some of them a bash, certainly if I can get samples.

To be fair I could probably throw on bloomin lynx and my nose wouldn't tell the difference. Well, ok, my nose isn't that bad. I may very well be looking for a unicorn, shame they didn't just do one themselves.

Excellent, at least I know not to waste my time there then. In my searches I'd seen some mention Fine American Blend (I struggled to see the link there) and Myrsol Agua Balsamica, this one came up frequently along with Brut as mentioned by Sabre. Another one was LASSC Black Fern but there seemed to be conflicting opinions and Castle Forbes 1445.

I did see Trumper Wild Fern pop up, people seemed to be saying it was in the fougere family but at different ends and I saw D.R. Harris Arlington mentioned once but they didn't actually say it was the same. I may have to give some of them a bash, certainly if I can get samples.

To be fair I could probably throw on bloomin lynx and my nose wouldn't tell the difference. Well, ok, my nose isn't that bad. I may very well be looking for a unicorn, shame they didn't just do one themselves.
That got me curious - I do have MdC fougere and and also Arlington aftershave milk - just used one pump on my hands … could be used as an aftershave to compliment the mdc - it’s not the same, however to my nose it is fern base with some citrus added! Could work!

think I’ll have a shave with that setup in a moment and see!

That got me curious - I do have MdC fougere and and also Arlington aftershave milk - just used one pump on my hands … could be used as an aftershave to compliment the mdc - it’s not the same, however to my nose it is fern base with some citrus added! Could work!

think I’ll have a shave with that setup in a moment and see!
I shall keep a beady eye out, fingers crossed!

There is nothing AFAIK. What I would do is use an unscented aftershave and apply quality fougère perfume.

Rob @Blackmass is the resident fougère expert IMO.

That may very well explain why I saw a lot more references to EDT/EDPs then, cheers! I'm actually going to hold myself in check for once before going nuts and see if Rob has any suggestions as well.

There's a lot of Fougére soaps out there but MDC stands alone. It was love at first sniff for me. A classic.

I did try to find a matching aftershave and the closest I've found is Pitralon Classic. It's not an exact match but it's the closest I've found to complement it. Funny thing is I've been trying just as long to find an EDT to match Pitralon Classic! It's madness tell ya!

Pitralon Classic aftershave is the da bomb(!) anyway, so you need it in your life either way.

https://estork.co.uk/shop-all/pitralon-classic-aftershave-100ml/

I like it a lot! ;)
20180709_173527.jpg

Back
Top Bottom