Aftershave Balms available at Boots

Hello gents,

I'd appreciate if people shared their experience with the range of products available particularly from any Boots store. Well, maybe except for Nivea products as everyone knows and had tried those, I think.

I have personally tried only two - the Boots Wormwood and the Bulldog ASBs. Former one is not very exciting, but does perform very well, especially for the price - although packaging is a nightmare, it's really hard to get it out of that glass bottle. Scent is not very nice - same line's AS is much better (if you like scents like wormwood, of course). It does sooth to a certain degree, and tones the skin. But it's quite thick, and isn't too good at absorbing into skin.

Latter (Bulldog) is currently my favourite one - it's all natural and packed with essential oils, and I just love the smell, which consists of the Rosehip, Pachouli, Bergamot and lots of other stuff. It moisturises reasonably, tones the skin, absorbs well and just leaves a generally good and pleasant feeling after use. However, it has virtually NONE of any soothing effect, hence if you had a rough shave - tough luck..

Now, what I'm interested in, is has anyone tried the following ASBs:

• Botanics Mens After Shave Balm (pricey, but with natural stuff, looks good from what's on a label)

• Hackett Post Shave Balm (tried a dollop of this on my chin in the store, and it did feel somewhat cooling)

• Lab Series Razor Burn Relief (this one is insanely priced, better work miracles)

• No7 For Men Post Shave Recovery Balm (description doesn't say much, not cheap either)

• Simple For Men Soothing Aftershave (interesting, how simple it is?)

• Origins Fire Fighter (that one sounds very good, but a pricey bastard)

Will appreciate your feedback - if you'd tried any of those ASBs or some others (from Boots, that is).

I have no7 balm. It's very good. Soothing, low scent and non greasy.

I use a splash over the top of it, it takes the sting out of it!

Your right though, it is expensive for what it is.

I bought a tube of the Bulldog Sensitive moisturiser yesterday after a crap shave (my own fault) which led to a helluva red neck - I had applied another balm which sadly didn't help, couple of hours later it was still painful so as I happened to be in Tesco I picked up the Bulddog (on offer too which is nice). Immediate relief! It contains green tea and aloe vera, doesn't smell great and made my face tingle for a few minutes, so I was surprised to find that the redness and soreness on my neck vanished within minutes of application. It doesn't leave the skin feeling sticky in the sme way the Nivea does, but does make it appear slightly shiny.

Dunno if it's available in Boots though :lol:

Gingerpose said:
I bought a tube of the Bulldog Sensitive moisturiser yesterday after a crap shave (my own fault) which led to a helluva red neck - I had applied another balm which sadly didn't help, couple of hours later it was still painful so as I happened to be in Tesco I picked up the Bulddog (on offer too which is nice). Immediate relief! It contains green tea and aloe vera, doesn't smell great and made my face tingle for a few minutes, so I was surprised to find that the redness and soreness on my neck vanished within minutes of application. It doesn't leave the skin feeling sticky in the sme way the Nivea does, but does make it appear slightly shiny.
Dunno if it's available in Boots though :lol:

It's great it works for you in a soothing way, wish it did for me too :D As for a shine - yeah, definitely leaves a skin glowing, but not oily type of shine, rather a healthy radiant one.

ive also used the bulldog balm.. and it is generally excellent. Great spicy smell, very natural feeling on application and not too oily. Its reasonably priced too.

both the Boots Freshwood splash and balm are good

th balm is too thick to get out the bottle easily so i mix them together

hando said:

I have just tried some of this, it was on 3 for 2 so picked up a couple of bits,

oh. my. god.

It absolutely hums, awful! I had to have a wash to get rid of the smell!!!

I would pif it but i think it would cost more to post the glass bottle than to buy some new.

Fitz linson said:
hando said:

I have just tried some of this, it was on 3 for 2 so picked up a couple of bits,

oh. my. god.

It absolutely hums, awful! I had to have a wash to get rid of the smell!!!

I would pif it but i think it would cost more to post the glass bottle than to buy some new.

Agreed.

The Superdrug alternative is far better.

Back
Top Bottom