Aftershave Balm

I have no idea what balm I used when I first started shaving. In the 90's my girlfriend would buy me expensive Clinique and Lab Series balms, and told me I was being cheap when I bought Boots Botanic liquorice balm. At some point I moved to Nivea in the early 00's. When I lived in The Netherlands, Nivea was overpriced so I used Sanex, Lidl and Aldi balms. I also started using Proraso.

Now generally I only use Nivea and Proraso, and RSC is always in my travel bag. I do have a more luxury brand for special occasions. This has either been L'Occitane, Pré de Provence or Institut Karité. At the moment this is Baxter of California...

Nivea is less than £3.00 at Savers or that when on promotion at Boots. Proraso is generally around £6.00 on most European beauty websites.

What are your favourites? Do balms have to be expensive?

20211106_194423.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what balm I used when I first started shaving. In the 90's my girlfriend would buy me expensive Clinique and Lab Series balms, and told me I was being cheap when I bought Boots Botanic liquorice balm. At some point I moved to Nivea in the early 00's. When I lived in The Netherlands, Nivea was overpriced so I used Sanex, Lidl and Aldi balms. I also started using Proraso.

Now generally I only use Nivea and Proraso, and RSC is always in my travel bag. I do have a more luxury brand for special occasions. This has either been L'Occitane, Pré de Provence or Institut Karité. At the moment this is Baxter of California...

Nivea is less than £3.00 at Savers or that when on promotion at Boots. Proraso is generally around £6.00 on most European beauty websites.

View attachment 79601

I actually think the lidl cien aftershave balm is better then the nivea aftershave balm Ive used,
think the nivea aftershave balms I used were the ones in the top left hand side of your pic

Baxter of California is nice aftershave balm too, like the menthol scent and it's just right not too light or not too strong

I've been using aftershave balms a lot especially being a head shaver and also been using it on the days I don't shave too

What's the la toja aftershave balm like? How does it compare to the lidl ciens and Nivea one?

I actually think the lidl cien aftershave balm is better then the nivea aftershave balm Ive used,
think the nivea aftershave balms I used were the ones in the top left hand side of your pic

Baxter of California is nice aftershave balm too, like the menthol scent and it's just right not too light or not too strong

I've been using aftershave balms a lot especially being a head shaver and also been using it on the days I don't shave too

What's the la toja aftershave balm like? How does it compare to the lidl ciens and Nivea one?
I haven't used it yet, I have 2 bottles of Nivea and 2 bottles of Proraso to use up.

View attachment 79601

i have all these Nivea’s except the one far right on the picture & to me they work very well,
but change is always good.
As mentioned above @barts balms & Lotions are class.
And Boots the chemist Freshwood is fairly decent for £3

I’ve got a few balms matching my soaps (terror, hallows, hygge, Alive, and two or so for wickhams soap). Other then that got bluebeards revenge postshave balm (I’m just trying to use it up now - it’s okay but consistency is really loose). Nivea is always great, then still got couple of samplers of Bart’s balms - definitely will be ordering bigger version of couple of those once I go through some of my current ones.

im not using balms as often, but ones I enjoy most are Bart’s balms, mammoth balms and l’occitane (I think for my skin they absorb best! )

i have all these Nivea’s except the one far right on the picture & to me they work very well,
but change is always good.
As mentioned above @barts balms & Lotions are class.
And Boots the chemist Freshwood is fairly decent for £3
I probably have used both the Boots and Superdrug branded balms. But as Nivea is £2.60 at Savers I usually pick up the replenishing and sensitive versions from there. I ordered more of the range from Boots as it was half price and needed to spend £20.00 for free shipping. Both my Aldi and Lidl are out of town. They haven't been in stock when I have shopped and too much hassle to go out of my way, especially with Savers prices. I regularly order from European beauty sites, so usually add a balm then.

Back
Top Bottom