Aeropress

The mass majority prefer metal but you can rinse, dry and reuse but the crema won't make it through paper whereas metal, at least the thirteen or so machines I've had, are all better with metal filters. The price difference between the metal and papers are minimal with the Aeropress that I see no reason to use paper but it most certainly affects the flavour, and I know I drink the good stuff for that very reason. They are infinitely better when camping too.

The Aeropress is not a machine using high pressure steam to extract a crema but a simple syringe. Disputable if the majority prefer a metal filter over paper as we are still a convenience based throw-away society and not many palates discern a paper taste in blind tastings.

I've started using the inverted brew too, it's less messy and does give a better result. What I like best about the coffee is the lack of bitterness. I'm not an espresso drinker, but even the initial shot, while too strong for me to drink straight is not bitter. I also like the fact that the coffee is really clean with no grit.

Rave is the only coffee I've tried so far but it's lovely and they offer Aeropress grind as an option. I am considering a Hario hand grinder, although I don't know if the difference would be as noticeable in a latte?
The Hario hand grinder is a great choice for a pour over dripper or the Aeropress. Lot of work, though.

Back
Top Bottom