Advice

Hello, long-time stalker, first time posting :)
I wondered if the Rockwell t2 offers anything unique as an adjustable razor. I currently own both the Rex adjustable and the Gillette classic adjustable and 6c. I like the look of the t2 but have also heard customs/import must be paid.

The standard t2 is in stock at agent shave which is uk based?

I found the t2 fine, the head was a bit bulky. The Rex (presume ambassador?) is much better in build quality as long as you don’t find it too aggressive. T2 is much milder across settings compared to the Rex.

 I own both ambassador and konsul. The konsul is my favourite. Don't think I've ever had a bad shave with it.
Was considering purchasing another adjustable. Rockwell t2 primarily because it resembles a modern Gillette adjustable. I noticed the stainless steel version is sold out everywhere in the UK.

I doubt you’ve anything to gain from the t2 in that case. I found the Rex ambassador and Konsul a bit too aggressive. The Tatara Muramasa was nice, blackland osprey better. The osprey is the only one I’ve kept.

I doubt you’ve anything to gain from the t2 in that case. I found the Rex ambassador and Konsul a bit too aggressive. The Tatara Muramasa was nice, blackland osprey better. The osprey is the only one I’ve kept.
Have you used a rocnel and what are your thoughts on them. The osprey is it more similar to the konsul or the ambassador if you had to pick.

 I own both ambassador and konsul. The konsul is my favourite. Don't think I've ever had a bad shave with it.
Was considering purchasing another adjustable. Rockwell t2 primarily because it resembles a modern Gillette adjustable. I noticed the stainless steel version is sold out everywhere in the UK.
I should add I had the T2 SS and wasn’t impressed with the finish. It was a perfectly reasonable shaver but nothing special.

Know simply that the vast majority of people who flirt with adjustables eventually end up using a preferred two/three piece razor in the end IMO.
I own an as-d2, but I rarely use it. I looked at wolfman and timeless, but the FOMO in me can not stop thinking that I chose the wrong specs or design.

I have a 6c and it is a great razor, but I am not sure if it is worth getting the 6s since I already have a 6c. Think funds can be spent elsewhere.
Had both the 6C and 6S and the C glides far better than the S due to its polished surface. Not a major difference but noticeable. Other than that the shave is the same so I agree you are better of spending the funds elsewhere.

The T2's a solid, well built razor that uses a similar adjustment mechanism to the classic Gillette adjustables (which flexes both blade angle and gap), feels good in the hand, and very smooth and comfortable to shave with. I have a T2, a 6C, a Rex Ambassador, and a variety of vintage Gillette adjustables. The T2 stacks up well against them all, and is a favourite in my rotation.

Back
Top Bottom