Advice on a Razor for shaving my head.

Hi all.
I am looking for some advice on the best Razor for shaving my head with, I currently use my Gillette fusion just for this job. (yes I know it's frowned upon cartridge razor but it's fast and I don't have to worry about slashing myself).

Am I better off sticking with what I have or can you suggest an alternative razor SE DE etc?
I am toying with the Leaf as it has a spring head and looks like it might act the same as my Gillette, anyone tried it yet?
Anyways any advice would be appreciated.
Stay safe. :cool:

The Leaf is a good head shaver; I use mine with only two blades loaded in the bottom two slots and will get a week from a blade, shaving the head every 2 - 3 days. It's very similar to using a cartridge on the head but I used any of my DE razors to shave the head per Leaf and using the Leaf is almost akin to shaving without thinking.

I use all of the following and haven't had a bad shave with any of them. Slants for more than 3 day growth seem to work better, and I rarely use a blade more than twice. Technique is much more important than the razor IMO, and although I've used many different blades, Nacet are the ones which suit all my razors. Other blades are more specific.

Parker Variant
Rockwell 6S
Razorock German 37 slant
Razorock SLOC
King C Gillette
Wilkinson Sword TTO
One Blade Core
Henson Aluminium medium
*Fatip Lo Storto open comb slant
*Fine Marvel

* New, only used once!

i'm also a head shaver, yea you can shave quicker with a cartridge razor because its more forgiving imo

however the feeling the de razor gives you is a lot better, its like a lot of self satisfaction if that makes sense

i've also seen the leafshave razor and been trying to justify the price tag but not sure if i can,
saying that some peeps spend a lot of other types of de razors so yea its a bit 50/50 from me
another thing about the leafshave i dont like is the big head,
seems like it will be a bit awkward around the ears imo

you could also consider se razors like the yaqi katana?
i'm waiting for one through the post, i can update you once i've tried it

i do think that the se razors might be good due to having a smaller head
however this is just theory as i've personally not used an se razor before

if youre after a quick shave and see it as a chore then i recommend the omnishaver

so i got the omnishaver premium about a month or so ago,
ive used it a few times and i do think that if youre after a really quick shave and i mean a really quick shave then i have to admit its probably the fastest shaving razor out there imo

go on youtube and type in 'omnishaver' its basically ten blades two 5 blade cartridges that face the opposite way,
i got the premium one from amazon about £30 and how i initially found out about it was that i stumbled across it on youtube
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W96127M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anyways i rate it but its not good for around the ears but alright for doing side burns if you have the shaven head and beard look that is but if you shave your facial hair too that wouldnt be a problem either tbh

Thank you all for your replies :)

I have looked at the omnishaver and have never heard of it but looks quite good, I want to try and move away from the cartridge front though if possible but ty for the link Saj1985.

BigBruce, you have inspired me to give a head shave a try with my R89 twist and just see how I get on with it.
In conclusion though if I just don't feel confident with the DE I will go for the leaf, I hope it will end my cartridge use lol and I have a million DE blades to use use up anyway :ROFLMAO:.
Stay safe out there everyone.

Thank you all for your replies :)

I have looked at the omnishaver and have never heard of it but looks quite good, I want to try and move away from the cartridge front though if possible but ty for the link Saj1985.

BigBruce, you have inspired me to give a head shave a try with my R89 twist and just see how I get on with it.
In conclusion though if I just don't feel confident with the DE I will go for the leaf, I hope it will end my cartridge use lol and I have a million DE blades to use use up anyway :ROFLMAO:.
Stay safe out there everyone.
yea no worries mate thought i'd put it out there :)

although im not 100% sure about the leafshave i would say it would be better and cheaper on the long term compared to cartridge razors so either way a win win imo

The Leaf is a good head shaver; I use mine with only two blades loaded in the bottom two slots and will get a week from a blade, shaving the head every 2 - 3 days. It's very similar to using a cartridge on the head but I used any of my DE razors to shave the head per Leaf and using the Leaf is almost akin to shaving without thinking.

Just an update,
I did my first head shave today using my R89 twist and the Kai blade I had been testing, this would have made it it's 4th shave and have to say it's still sharp and a very nice Blade but time for it to be changed because I have loads still to test out. :D

Great shave tbh, I still need to learn my angles a little bit more especially when round the back of my head but it didn't take much longer than my Fusion.
Wookie great review on the leaf and I will be subscribing to your future videos if that's ok?
Very informative and I will be invest in the Leaf after xmas, just to make sure Santa does not bring me one ;) lol.
Stay safe everyone and Thank you all again for your input. (y)

Cheers (y) I don't do many head shaves but could easily do a DE one in the future, but the Leaf makes it so easy. Getting to grip with the angles on the back of head is something you'll get used to (y)

You are getting some great advice here. I am a regular head shaver and have recently tried many different DE's on my head. So far I would agree with all the advice given on here. My favourites so far? The Leaf is definitely my top recommendation followed closely by the Rockwell 6C plate 4 and up. The Henson medium aluminium razor is also up there at the top of my list. The main message is, have fun and enjoy the experience. You will eventually be able to shave with any razor blind folded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom