Adoration boar brush

If the handle hole is too large, is it ok to just pour epoxy and let it cure and then set the knot on top of the cured epoxy?

Too wide or too deep? No, you should never "glue to glue". Just as the OP did, insert a spacer to raise knot if needed. If the hole is too wide then you need a bigger, i.e., wider, knot. Of course you have to determine the correct set height for splay.

Too wide or too deep? No, you should never "glue to glue". Just as the OP did, insert a spacer to raise knot if needed. If the hole is too wide then you need a bigger, i.e., wider, knot. Of course you have to determine the correct set height for splay.
I always use a plastic spacer, but I have seen plenty that had epoxy to raise the knot.

If it's too deep, yes, you can use epoxy as a filler to set the knot

The inside of the handle is too deep. I need to raise it 10mm in order to set the knot to my desired loft of around 55mm.

I always use a plastic spacer, but I have seen plenty that had epoxy to raise the knot.

What is an readily available spacer I can use?

Yes, but I interpreted what Nav wrote to mean freshly gluing to dried glue/expoxy which is a "no no".

I didn't know this.
Why is it considered a no no?

If I let the epoxy cure for say 72 hours so it's solid as a rock, even then I can't epoxy the knot on top of it?

I can't see any reason not to.

I cut plastic "coins" or use bottle caps, plastic washers, whatever I can find, doesn't need to be pretty, it's just a spacer that you won't see.

Reactions: Nav
Back
Top Bottom