Acquisitions - November 2021

3 of 3 arrived today.

The case is a bit ropey, bits falling out/off it. I pulled a little of the lining out, there's rust and old glue, etc. that looks like it has gone rotten. Seems like I've a bit of attention to give it.
The razor itself isn't too bad, I've already given it a bit of a buff, but not too sure on the ever ready razors. Maybe l will check out archives/ restoration workshop threads.

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_123300__01.jpg
    IMG_20211129_123300__01.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 7
20211130_110717.jpg

Black Friday...
Dunshire AS is now appropriated by my wife... which is a good sign. For me a bit feminine, but really nice smell.
The soap is not very strongly scented, and tallow is definitely there.
My grandad was a barber and the AS he was using in his shop smelt really like the new Floid!
Both definitely persistent, on the sweet side.

Last edited:
View attachment 80802
discovery kit by ATH - a British perfumer. Been eyeing up his stuff for a while and with 20% off for Black Friday, had to grab it!

funny thing - there is one perfume he does called tabac - just a shame it doesn’t smell like the soap ;) or maybe that’s good… haha
View attachment 80804

I love some old school Tabac. It's not what I would reach for going for a night out but I find it refreshing and uplifting after a shave.

Agreed - I actually love the tabac soap and AS ! This one is mainly vanilla tobaco oud scent , so just the name is the same haha

I've used Tabac A/S & balm long before I got into traditional wet shaving but inexplicably never got the shaving soap.

From what I gather ATH fragrances have been getting increasingly positive feedback for some time. How do you find the scents ?

I've used Tabac A/S & balm long before I got into traditional wet shaving but inexplicably never got the shaving soap.

From what I gather ATH fragrances have been getting increasingly positive feedback for some time. How do you find the scents ?
Both are great imo! But I’m yet to try the balm haha! Rarely use balms as it is so don’t think there’s any point in it for me!

I’ve only recently got curious about them, grabbed deviant and boss bastard,10ml each and couple decants of the legend and maverick releases ! - quite like them all tbh, had legend and maverick on a way from guy that was selling them but so far it’s quiet , seems like they got lost in post. These two are quite safe fragrances I’d say - as for others I’d say a lot of them are certainly are kind of “dirty “ , compared to usual designer stuff. Probably will be able to say more after some testing - but I do like them so far, the ones that I have tried! Also it’s worth looking at his channel on YouTube - he does good reviews as well as introductions to his fragrances

Back
Top Bottom