Acquisitions - May 2024

Martin de Candre Original.
I have had a large sample of this for some years and thought it was about time I bought the full thing.

The soap is filled right to the brim and is so smooth I thought it was a piece of protective cardboard at first.
View attachment 120331
These pucks seem to last forever. Very concentrated, and excellent performers. They take a lot of water, so don't be shy with the old H2O.

Delighted to have it back.
View attachment 120536
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

2024-05-18-14-58-30-035~4.jpg
might be good for the guys who use cartridges. I only use them when traveling so wasn't going to sign up to a monthly subscription service but if you ignore the sign up emails, they keep reducing the price till its £1 delivered. for that price, even if used once, how bad could it be? it included a mini tube of cream and balm too. the handle is made of cork to be biodegradable but the head is still plastic.
2024-05-18-12-09-01-122~2.jpg

Ding dong - Avon calling.

ISMnwUO.jpg

CdajJgC.jpg

From left to right, Blend 7, Tai Winds, Leather, Windjammer, Wild Country, Spicy, and Spicy. All full.
They all smell good - Spicy is very close to vintage Shulton Old Spice. Tai Winds has a Faberge Brut vibe; Wild Country is unashamedly pure '70s macho (as it should be!), Windjammer a bit of a mixed bag, Leather very nice authentic car seat leather, and Blend 7 a nicely blended cologne-style.
Very happy with these.

A beautifully preserved Dubarry Silkasoap shaving soap dish. Now - to find an appropriate soap to fill it?
Suggestions welcome. :)

Go on, then ... Mitchell's! Get the latest formulation - it's ace!

I would absolutely love to try the original Silkashave soap. I have seen one of the bakelite pots with a full puck but they wanted really silly money for it. If I could even land on a well used one, but reckon anyone finding a manky mostly used soap in a vintage dish would likely scrape it out and sell the pot as a clean and distinct item.

Really nice catch, that ... again, get it full of Mitchell's!

I spotted this plastic tub Old Spice on eBay and thought it a nice addition to my stock - I already have a nice vintage milk mug with most of a soap tablet still available, so this can either be a refill or used in the plastic.

AP1GczOw4lU86FFfyEWRvjHa9xWXOoCpkKgFqBTB0rc_EVsrMNvRckyHfTs8bvAYOh-pP0MPbqNPl5PGwzrIs5gBJM3GEhsljgD9A5Fw7-snFZcbLWax9IT48AhH1oGzMYPyL40s4SKQWXlcvuh3p584F2xJ6w=w1200
I think I may have one. Cool find.

Back
Top Bottom