Acquisitions - January 2022

Yes there seems to be an optimum size, beyond which it becomes just a handful. My 26mm Phantom Aerolite is right on the edge of being too big and soft, but some days, like yesterday and today, I really enjoy it. Obviously knot size needs to be balanced with loft, not all large knots need be too soft, but if I ever buy anything bigger than 26 it'll be out of curiosity or because the handle is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

View attachment 83029
New Yaqi 30mm Barbour pole and 26mm rainbow brush arrived……make my original Edwin Jagger brush look lost in comparison…..the rainbow is a terrific brush whereas the 30mm is a bit gimmicky for everyday use
I have a 30mm Barber pole... It gets the occasional use when I know I'm using a particularly lather bursting cream or soap. One swipe over each cheek (on my face.... Come on guys :rolleyes: ) and it's pretty much ready to go.... But it's true it's Normally just an ornament.

The bottle of EdT is a Izzey Miyake clone I bought from Lidl, it's very close to the original but I'd say the scent lasts a little longer. Lidl had a new range of clones (another was Aventus) but the range seemed to sell out and disappear within a few days without returning.

The brushes are 2 Yaqi boars, really impressed with them on the outset, not much of an animal smell to either.

The blonde one hasn't treated/bleached but it's still a little yellow, not as bleached as a bleached Zenith or Semogue. It's a 24mm/46mm knot, with a zero mm glue bump.

The black boar, I presume hasn't been bleached in the slightest bit, but has little to no animal smell, so I presume it has been treated in another way perhaps? It has a 26mm knot with a 50mm loft, again with no glue bump.

IMG_20220119_121929.jpg

1177D94E-6450-4A53-A0A7-51D064342EAD.jpegSo the Green splash that had gone missing was sent back, and cancelled, finally arrived with a brush I ordered two weeks ago! After both Yaqi stores swearing this wasn’t possible, (which I knew was nonsense!) as they said They can’t ship aftershave to the UK any more and I needed to except a refund! The aftershave was ordered earlier than the brush but they came together! It looks to me like whatever issue/balls up they made at their end, at some point after I complained and told them it hadn’t arrived or been sent still, and before they said it couldn’t be sent anymore, someone added it to my latest order and sent it and didn’t mark it on their system! Positively it smells great, negatively I ordered another one for no reason as I wasn’t expecting this to arrive!
The brush is my first cashmere knot and look forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom