Acquisitions - January 2022

jan20210.jpg

These Bad boys arrived today & im absolutely delighted.
My two stipulations were the razors were mint condition and the cases were as good as i could get.
The upshot was the red & blue tips are New Old Stock and the black is tip top condition although the case has got some markings which i’ll need to life with.
The light doesn’t do them justice really as the reflection on some makes you think the coating has come of the tips but it’s actually quite the opposite, the razors are in wonderful condition.
It’s took me a good few months to buy all my vintage razors with my ocd kicking in i’m always looking for perfection A51AA3B5-04EB-4C9C-9CED-6103D8B1EAA3.png13519477-75F2-49F0-9BE1-7A30A00A4388.pngEFDCB2D8-412C-41C0-AE36-654D84B51659.png3E5B432D-5D1E-4062-818E-6A2ABD58897D.jpegA40C076B-D886-4E5B-A555-6608F51144D7.png

My two stipulations were the razors were mint condition and the cases were as good as i could get.
The upshot was the red & blue tips are New Old Stock and the black is tip top condition although the case has got some markings which i’ll need to life with.
The light doesn’t do them justice really as the reflection on some makes you think the coating has come of the tips but it’s actually quite the opposite, the razors are in wonderful condition.
It’s took me a good few months to buy all my vintage razors with my ocd kicking in i’m always looking for perfection View attachment 83383View attachment 83384View attachment 83385View attachment 83386View attachment 83387
They look to be in very good nick

It’s took me a good few months to buy all my vintage razors with my ocd kicking in i’m always looking for perfection View attachment 83383View attachment 83384View attachment 83385View attachment 83386View attachment 83387
They look mint Mike

0AA1714C-59B0-4CF3-AB40-907335E35A7B.jpeg
Shannon’s soap Mars set, based on Chanel Allure which my dad used to wear, and Vida after dark. This is my first Shannon’s and won’t be the last as this is possibly one of the best scented and easiest soaps I have to lather. The After Dark Vida gives a slightly artificial sweet smell on opening and releasing the packed in scent from the tub but when it dissipated smells good but not as great as the original Vida. A full lathering will tell though!

I could be wrong but were these Perma Sharp made in Scotland ?
East Kilbride probably. Interesting back story to their demise - in the mid-60's Gillette sued them for patent infringement at Glasgow Sheriff Court and lost, but had the last laugh - they bought the plant and shut it down, keeping the Perma Sharp brand - which of course, they still use. As a mostly PR thing - PS gave their staff time at work to shave - I know this to be true as I worked with a guy who was employed there before joining the, then, City of Glasgow police. - I.

Back
Top Bottom